WHAT BOAT ???????

Bri The Pom

I have been here 7 weeks now it,s time i bought a boat.

I have a wife a 2 kids,10 & 12 so i need a boat that we can go out to the broadwater or out to sea close in thou.But also a fishing boat that i and a couple of buddy's can fish from either in the canal or out at sea.So nice and plush for the family but also plenty of room for prepin bait and gutting snapper.

I reckon on spendinding say $20 - 25 k.

Any comments from experience would be very welcome.

If it was straight fishing I would go for a centre console but with the family I would recomend a bow rider style.

Polycraft have just released a new 4.8m bow rider and all the main boat makers do them, Quintrex, Stacer. should pick up a nearly new 2nd hand one for that price.

If you plan to go offshore I would look at going at least 4.8m to 5m minimum.

http://www.polycraft.com.au/480-brumby-frontrunner.html

http://www.quintrex.com.au/BoatRange/BM49FSM3/490FreedomSport.aspx

i love polycraft boats but i would not buy one for any ontside use. in any sort of chop they are like riding a cork through a washing machine not comfortable at all.find yourself a good fiberglass bowrider or cuddy cab if you want something to fish out of and to be comfortable for the family.

and if i was a pale new australian and not used to the sun i'd deffinately go for something with a cabin to escape the sun

I'll 2nd that get it thoughly tested I have the same prob as Havarest :angry:

Definatly a half cab bud about a 17-18 footer preferably with a 4 stroke OB

have a gander around www.boatpoint.com.au

Lots of boats in there and plenty of options to minimise your search ;)

I spend hours in there drooling but it will save you heaps of money as you can see what most of the major yards and private sales have to offer before you drive all over the country and don't believe the pics scrutinise them thoughly trust me some look good in the pics when you go have a look they look like crap

One last thing dont bother with Yatla boat sales rip off merchants

Cheers

Gaz

Bri The Pom wrote:

I have been here 7 weeks now it,s time i bought a boat.

I have a wife a 2 kids,10 & 12 so i need a boat that we can go out to the broadwater or out to sea close in thou.But also a fishing boat that i and a couple of buddy's can fish from either in the canal or out at sea.So nice and plush for the family but also plenty of room for prepin bait and gutting snapper.

I reckon on spendinding say $20 - 25 k.

Any comments from experience would be very welcome.

Do you want to have a look at mine? I'll be selling it when I get back from Awoonga. It might be perfect for what you say you want it for. It is build for Moreton Bay, Rivers and Close in-shore work with all the safety gear including marine radio.

post-118-14459842863_thumb.jpg

Archived