first time eging

squeak6969

so my first time eging wast som bad, hearing that they were out and about i spent the afternoon reasearching everything i could find on the internet about the subject and was happy to say it sorta paid off. apart from the fact that i got out late and missed the high tide by an hour i was determined to have a flick anyway, so off to wello i went. the moment i stepped out of the car the wind blew right through me but i wasnt detered i grabbed my rod and bucket and looked at the water as i walked up the jetty, no visible sign but i did see some ink patches on the deck so i took that as a good sign, since i had missed the high i decided to go towards the end of the jetty. first cast was great my rod and reel seemed like they were perfect for casting jigs (although it was probably the wind that helped the most). i used a flathead soft plastic like retrieve only with a slower eaiser motion a couple flicks, wind in the slack and let it sink, a couple quick taps......etc. first cast returned nothing so i took a couple steps down the jetty and cast again, after a couple taps i felt the hit, the slack was loose and it ran! i gave a gentle pull to set the hooks ( not knowing how hard i could strike without ripping through it) and it was game on. i took my time reeling it in letting it run if it wanted to and after a couple mins landed a really nice looking squid about a foot long.

post-9690-144599058534_thumb.jpg

unfortuantly i think it was a luck one as i continu ed to work the jetty for another hour with no luck, however i did make a couple ppl jealou who had bin there for a couple hours catching nothing lol, i tried manly and viccy point after but had no luck at either place so decided to call it a night. thinking i might head out again 2night and try make the high hopefully have some better luck.

thanks for reading

Archived