visa relief

Hi guys...its been a while since ive been online here.

Some members may recall me selling all my fishing gear back in January fearing that I might have to go home due to visa issues.

As it turns out after 6 months of pure hell since then ive finally proved that good things do come to those who wait and sheer determination will get you places as last week I was granted my PERMANENT RESIDENCY after 5.5 years and 4 different visas all with restrictions.

Its a bloody good feeling.. the feeling of not having to wipe the arse of a specific company or person in order to stay in a country you love.

Back in April I started my Electrical apprenticeship back up again, with a company based on the sunshine coast... so im.now living in Maloolaba. Which is awesome...

So the next thing is to buy a boat again after selling the old one. Im onto that and it shouldnt be long before I can report back with my boat.

Hopefully ill get back into the swing of things and start attending the socials and seeing old friends again.

Until then.. tight lines guys.

Callum

post-8891-144599062875_thumb.jpg

That's good result Callum after some stressful nights sleep I'm sure.

Dealing with government agencies is always a lesson in patience, determination and you need both for fishing.

How lucky are you having both, now you can back to life.

Great news Callum, glad to hear it mate. Looking forward to seeing you back on the water. I'll be up that way for a wedding (think it's in Maroochydore?) in late Sep so will have to get in touch with you as I'll be sneaking a rod in. Hopefully there'll still be some tailor around.

Archived