Sandgate Jetty Unsafe!!!

stingray

Hi All BOF members.

Went to sandgate friday night to try my luck for a shark.

Got to the end of the jetty and put my rods on the right hand side as there was no one there and no rods.

Had a guy who was fishing at the end of the jetty but not where i put my rods come up to me and tell me to move.

As he was going to put his shark rod in that spot. Spot was free when i got there with no rod holders or anything to say spot is taken.

Was going to fight me and later pulled a knife saying if i was shit he will give it to me.

Just letting you know that you cant trust other fisherman.

Friday night must have been a full moon or something...the psychos were out in full force by the sound of it:angry:

I too was down at Sandgate, Baxters Jetty at the mouth of the Cabbage Tree Creek about 9.00pm.

The car park was empty, which was strange cause there is almost always someone down there, no matter what time of day or night.

I was just having a nose around, seeing if any fish were being caught and was going to try my luck if the conditions looked favourable.

As I walked onto the little jetty, I noticed there were two fellas sitting on the deck under the filleting table.

As I walked past I said hello and asked them if they were having any luck.

One of them said hi, the other mumbled something incoherent as I walked past.

I got to the rail to look over the side where they had some handlines set, the wind was howling and the water was alive with jelly fish, so I turned to leave and old mate was in my face demanding to know what I wanted, who I was and if I had any money.:ohmy:

His mate was saying to him \"leave hime alone, you started it\"

Started what, is he going to start swinging?? I just walked onto the jetty!

The guy was drunk (small plastic bottles on the ground with what looked like metho?) and stoned I reckon, and didn't look as though he was in much condition to hurt me (or catch me!) so I stayed cool, disentangled myself from my would be combatant, and made my way calmly back to my car, locked the door quickly and left for friendlier places. I was thinking that I might try the bigger Sandgate/Shorncliffe Jetty mentioned in this thread! Lucky I didn't by the sound of it.

Makes you wonder who is safe and where.

Rocket

:angry: Couple of words for ya,

PUNCH TO THE THROAT:P

Nah, I think you did the right thing mate.

but a quick kick too the nuts was in order. hehe

Should have tossed a match at him if it was metho he was drinking :ohmy:

Jokes people, only jokes

Dont need my Karma smacked like the toad licking joke:blush:

oops thanks rocket:blush:

This guy was a bigger guy then myself with Tatts on both arms dont think he had piercings.

Yeh it was a bit hairy as he was in my face at first telling me to move.

Without saying to much other then that's not a shark rod you have! i moved my gear anyway.

I had a gaff with me but there was to many people there to witness if i fight was to happen.

He later said sorry... But still just though i would let everyone know that it can be unsafe.

All this basically adds up to us needing more posts in the going fishing threads and needing more groups of good AFO folks who just want to fish together and have a good time. Unfortunately there are plenty of jerks out there with shattered egos who love nothing more than to pick fights with people half their size to make themselves feel better. Sucks but it'll always be the way.

I also was on the jetty that night, The guy your talking of is on the left hand side at the end ? i seen this guy was drinking and a big boy indeed. but i see after your mates stingray arrived he was quick to leave soon after?im taking it that yourself stingray was the young fellah on the right hand end?

cheers

Stingray - that was pretty bad what happened. I don't know much about the legal side of things, perhaps one of the AFO legal eagles could answer for me, but what's the deal with carrying a knife if it is used for fishing? If cops were called, and even if witnesses, could this guy have just said that he was using knife for cutting bait, or even offering the knife to Stingray to cut his bait? Does this mean that any psycho can carry a knife when fishing and flash it around?

Fisher_90 - what was that about someone getting killed there earlier in the year? any details??

Yeh sandgate is going down hill :( and the guy thought i was a woody point fisher!!! I dont get why it would matter where i fished.

Must have some bad blood with woody sharkies.

I think i will stick with LBG from the rocks or the bay islands.

Yeh i was with a ex mumber from this site iceknight and Dave but they were not there when this happen they came later in the night.

made the right choice in not punching on mate, i used to be the first to snap and give a bit of a slap around but after many times of this stuff i thought how lucky am i that i didnt get stabbed (although had the odd bottle across the head and trollie poll to the ribs) and killed and that i never threw one of those unlucky punches that killed some one or put them in a coma. karma to ya mate.

Yeh there is no point to fight over a fishing spot!!! But it's not the first time it's happen to me :( Drunk fisherman who want to pick i fight if u look at them.

Well I'm from down south so would not know what the go is with woody boys or sandgate or that.

iceknight is fine when i fish with him! he's been nice to me so no grudge here.

timmy wrote:

yeah well them old woody point fishers were a little mad some of them.....

how do you find this iceknight when you fish with him? some of the site people hold some kind of a grudge with him?

Geez timmy, he wouldn't be a mate of yours would he ? You only joined the site a few hours ago and you already know of him:huh:

Sucks to hear s**t like that happening at such a wonderful place like Shorny. But good to know that AFOers are one of the most sensible of fishos around! *Karma* to all.. not literally though, it'll take years.. haha.

*warns potential aggressors* I mite be Asian and small-sized, but I know KUNG FU!! HAIIII YARRR!!

Rocket75 wrote:

Stingray wrote:

Ps: it was not a full moon it was a new moon.

That would explain why there were no werewolves, just run of the mill human idiots:silly:

Some people should not be allowed to drink if they get all agro like that, but then again, perhaps they are like that sober too.:unsure:

Rocket

yep I was sound asleep in bed:silly:

timmy wrote:

yeah well them old woody point fishers were a little mad some of them.....

how do you find this iceknight when you fish with him? some of the site people hold some kind of a grudge with him?

Its a shame timmy but not many people got to fish with Iceknight. I believe his name was Joey. He was a good guy to begin with, volunteering information etc. But he had a habit of taking stuff the wrong way and not understanding sarcasm etc.

Long story short he annoyed quite a few members and the a sledging match occured. It was pretty juvenile actually from all accounts. I tried to make peace with him a few times but he just would not have it. Anyway once he started threatening violence towards numerous members, a firm hand had to be taken. It was a shame though at first he seemed fine and would have been a great member. Oh well we try and make the site great for everyone, but you cant please everyone all the time.

Angus

Quick speil getting back onto the issue of the thread.

Carrying a fishing knife when fishing = good.

Waving a fishing knife around and threatening violence = Going armed to cause fear charges.

No idea about the place or how big it is, but if big enough get out of earshot and call the Police. If its a smaller place, send a text to a friend or someone to call Police for you and get them to text back that they have done so.

Then just sit tight away from the area and take it from there.

All sounds like a great way to have a nights fishing ruined...less pertinently (and well off the thread, sorry - haven't taken my medication, no not the voices, not the voices! etc), has anyone got any idea when Woody Point jetty re-opens? Can't seem to get any sense at all out of the Redcliffe Council on this, the last time I called I got told it'll re-open \"when the work has finished\" - an answer worthy of either a seasoned politician, or a knuckle sandwich if delivered in person I reckon! (Also begs the question \"how exactly does one season a politician?\" - I like mine with a little sweet chilli, some basil and capers, slowly spit-roasted!)

I was out fishing on Sandgate Jetty one night with about 4 mates when a group of like 10 guys rocked up and started letting off fireworks and the like. The police turned up about 10 minutes later and although they didnt get them for letting off the fireworks they took 2 guys away for driving their tinny at night with no lights or safety gear. The guy in the boat at first tried to run from the police in his boat but eventually came back to the jetyty to face the consequences.

Yeh from what I here now sounds like there is a lot of JETTY TRASH at sandgate!!!

I know that you have to keep an eye on your fishing gear there at all times as things can go missing very quick... :angry:

Fishing in numbers seems to be safe as long as your not out numbered by Worthless people that come drunk and looking for a fight..

What i think sucks is the facted that other fisherman who are fishing would threaten violence to a fellow fisher on a public jetty that is there for all..

Cliffy wrote:

(Also begs the question \"how exactly does one season a politician?\" - I like mine with a little sweet chilli, some basil and capers, slowly spit-roasted!)

lmao cliffy i like my politicians

wrapped tightly in waitawhile vine seasoned with stinging nettles and cooked with a rock in an earth oven, hungi style.

you know the basterd is ready when the rock gets soft

Archived