Moreton Bay Snaps

old mate

Went out this afternoon with Mark (Plastic Fantastic). Launched around 2pm and where met at the ramp by 15 plus Police officers doing a good job checking Safety gear. After passing that a quick launch and we were off.

We made our way to Peel for a fish, didn't take long for mark to hook up to a nice 50cm snapper on the 3"zman steakz.

after getting that in mark got a few more smaller ones in there 30's. Went quiet so we decided to move and try another part of reef, which sadly did not produce, then made our way back to the first spot and first cast whilst I was busy explaining and epic story to mark my reel took off. I was using a 1000 stella on a Nordic stage Ariel Jaeger running 8lb leader so I thought I was a little under gunned after the first run, the rod did really well and was quick enough to turn the fishes head an do some small pump and winds to get some line back.

after a minute up popped a healthy 60cm snapper.

That fish pretty much ended the day only getting a few more small one in the boat. Both of the bigger fish swam away nice and healthy. will post more photos once I have them.

post-6803-144599068049_thumb.jpg

Cheers Chris

Archived