1770 :: 15th - 16th Trip 1

demarc

We were on the water by 7AM. Plan was to first get livies then head 100ks North from the bar to Spot X. We herd the Reds were on the chew at our spot and were keen to get out there. We followed our mate in his 7.7 Evo plate boat and were both doing a nice 20 - 22knts. After two hours we arrived and started drifting. The plan was to spend most of the day chassing what we came up for, REDS.

After an hour with nothing we were thinking of moving South to some nice Reefs that produced for me last year. It was at this point my Tornus 20 went zzzziiiinnnngggg. I tried to fight the fish but he nearly pulled me over board. Tugger put on my gimble and I was ready. So was he apparently, ready to hold onto me so I didn't fall over board! haha

post-11167-144599071006_thumb.jpg

post-11167-144599071016_thumb.jpg

After a good ight we landed my first Red. This thing was a monster, 12.2 KG. I won runner up biggest red from the Auscrab boys.

Next it was Tuggers turn, and he landed a nice 7.7KG Red, also his first. High fives all round again!

post-11167-144599071027_thumb.jpg

Not long after this my line went of again. This time it was a decent Trout. Very happy!

post-11167-144599071037_thumb.jpg

We then made the call to head south with the plan to fill the box with a mixed bag of Reefies. We struggled to land legal ones as the bite had shut down, but we did get a few into the box. My marks from last year paid off, again.

The wind started to come up then, so we hit some more shallower Red marks and both myself and Tugger got smoked. After this they shut down. We then headed to our anchorage point for the night and continued to fish.

In the morning we had our float lining rigs out while we ate breaky. Cheech's then went off. He landed a nice 11KG spannish. Box was starting to look good now. Lots of quality fish.

We decided to head home at around 1:30PM and had a nice flat run all the way home. This trip we ended up doing 122NMs for 140ltrs of fuel.

post-11167-144599071067_thumb.jpg

post-11167-144599070993_thumb.jpg

post-11167-144599071047_thumb.jpg

post-11167-144599071057_thumb.jpg

Julians RED was a beast and he fought it well they get the blood pumping then you see it surface and wow it is huge and the main target we travel all that way for pure gold. I was lucky enough to get my 1st RED as well learned a lot and found plenty of new ground which will come in handy for future trips.

We think they were REDs that smoked us in the shallow ground back near Lamont reef another amazing place with heaps of fringing reef as well as a large shallow area just to the west of the reef. In the end you don't travel any further in a boat that some outside fisho's do down here for good quality fish thanks heaps for the opportunity to get out there Julian

Julians RED was a beast and he fought it well they get the blood pumping then you see it surface and wow it is huge and the main target we travel all that way for pure gold. I was lucky enough to get my 1st RED as well learned a lot and found plenty of new ground which will come in handy for future trips.

We think they were REDs that smoked us in the shallow ground back near Lamont reef another amazing place with heaps of fringing reef as well as a large shallow area just to the west of the reef. In the end you don't travel any further in a boat that some outside fisho's do down here for good quality fish thanks heaps for the opportunity to get out there Julian

Mate, you're welcome anytime. I learnt a lot from just having you and Cheech on-board. Between the both of you we had over 45 years of fishing experience.

Can't wait to do it all again next year and hopefully I'll have the same crew on my boat again, all 3 of us worked well together over the 4 days. We didn't even have a fight. :-)

Archived