Thumbs up to wynnum marine

max pwr

Took my bro out to Curtin weekend before last and my motor decided it hated me. Limped back to the ramp at 8kph..... Would not rev over 1900 rpm against a strong outgoing tide and took us over 4 hours to get to the ramp.

Another mate of mine has sung Wynnum marine's praises in particular a mechanic there by the name of Jeff so I took the boat to him day before xmas eve.... They had boats everywhere and he put the motor on the lappy and showed no faults..... Injectors, fuel and spark all looked ok.

He told me they were flat out over the holiday period and I didn't expect my boat back for a couple of weeks.

Jeff rang me today to tell me it was right to go :cheer:

Turned out the exhaust was completely blocked and the exhaust valve and actuator were gone, the repair entailed taking the power head and lower unit off, chiseling out the crap and replacing a few bits and bobs. All done in time for the long weekend and he put in some extra hours just so I can be on the water. And all done at a very decent price, and he kept in contact through the repair. No need to follow up, just got it done.

I'm stoked and will recommend him to anyone.

Cheers.

Archived