My Sunshine Coast Easter wrap up and beach jew

pancakes_and_haggis

HHi guys just a quick report for those that are up on the Sunshine Coast over easter.

On the low tides there are some great worming flats on the beaches from mudjimba to coolum, I was down there yesterday and managed 30 odd worms in an hour! There not large but they are fat and will certainly provide 3 baits each.

There are good numbers of whiting in the Curramundi lake entrance. Just follow "gothic" parade to the End you'll see the large lake entrance, the far side has the better banks and there are slso plenty of yabby banks here.

Re surf beaches up here are taking a flogging from the swell and there are plenty of nice gutters to fish.

I've found a favorite in the stretch from

Caloundra to currumundi and there seem to be some good Jew getting about through them on the top of the tide.

This one yesterday morning went 91cm but I'm hooked bigger models and got dusted on 40lb after Long fights.

Whole squid on a snell rig or a whole whiting should see you into the action pretty fast.

I've not been offshore lately but I can tell you the yellowfin tuna are thick off Noosa at the moment along with a good number of long tails.

Hope this helps anyone coming up for easter weekend

Cheers guys

post-8891-144599102575_thumb.jpg

One of the best/most informative reports I have seen for salt water in a while.

If I wasn't injured, I would be driving up there today :) and I'm guessing a few people might be thinking the same. In that sense - as it is quite a large area, it's not like giving away SPOT X and have every one flogging one spot, it will still take some effort on whoever would try. Just brilliant all round.

Well done pancakes, on the jew along with the report.

Cheers

Woodlaz

Cheers for the info. Your doing well by the sound of it, you catching the Jew at night? Used to be a serious class of beach fisherman who chased big jew on the full moon on the open beaches, I remember reading stories about them standing waist deep for hours just waiting for the "big one" when I was a kid, slightly insane I always thought ;)

Archived