Finally got myself a proper rain jacket!

Binder

Been looking for just a plain old fashioned plastic rain coat. Been looking for months!

Do you think I could find one anywhere?

All they sell now are those woven nylon things that are water proof for about 2 minutes, then they leak like a sieve. And they sting you an arm and a leg for the privilege of getting wet!

I was wandering along the street in Gin Gin this morning when I just happened to spot a genuine rinky dink rain jacket made of plastic hanging outside the door of Foxies.

Snuck over for a closer look and bugger me even in my size. zips up, hood, looking good!

Then I spotted the price tag, $19.95!

Nearly broke my leg tripping over the doorstep I got in there that fast.!

Finally no more getting bl@@dy wet! Although Ray says he is going to keep his white buckets locked up when I am around......

post-11051-144599111475_thumb.jpg

Yes there are raincoats and then there is raincoats, I paid the extra for a columbia, it was great for about 2 years before it started leaking, now its only a spray jacket, I am in the process of saving up to get a new raincoat. One above looks great, I should be able to save that in 6 months.

Dino

I tossed up the idea of buying a decent waterproof jacket considering if there is 10+ knots of wind I get wet with the spray being blown back into the boat. I know it's a lot coin but I invested in a Goretex jacket from Kathmandu on one of their sales. Their prices are ridiculous, so I only ever get anything when there is 50% off sale which is regularly and if your are a member you get an extra 10% if spending over $150.

The jacket I got a few years a go was $250 marked down from over $500. It is windproof, water proof and breathable so you don't sweat in it and is very light and scrunches down to nothing.

They also have there own brand which is the copy of the Goretex brand. I have a pair of their wet weather pants and these are very good as well and a lot cheaper.

I like to be comfortable when fishing and wear these nearly every time I go out whether it be in the morning when it's cold or when I going to get wet. Easy to look after, stores in a small area and keeps me dry as.

Not what you were looking for Binder but though I would share in case anyone else was interested in the same subject.

Archived