1770 12 - 21 Sept

demarc

Went up to 1770 for the annual Ausfish Meet and Greet.

Left Brisbane at 5PM, and after an hours traffic through Nundah was on the road. This started out as a different trip for me, as I didn't have my usual crew. After what seemed ages on the road I rocked into 1770 at 1AM on Saturday. Not wanting to be shy, went straight to a mates place with boat in tow and started the celebrations.

With the way the weather panned out, all our drinking arms got a great work out. We had the cookoff on the Saturday night and from the little bit I remember, a good time was had by all.

I only got out fishing 3 times. First was a day trip to Sykes and the second was an overnighter South. Fish wise, it was a shocker. I didn't boat much. Others got some nice fish, but numbers this year were lacking.

At a place called Boult I had a pod of whales decide to circle my boat. This was pretty kool. Anywho here are some pics for the week. Again I didn't get much, I'm not a good photo person.

post-11167-144599123305_thumb.jpg

post-11167-144599123316_thumb.jpg

post-11167-144599123325_thumb.jpg

post-11167-144599123334_thumb.jpg

post-11167-144599123343_thumb.jpg

post-11167-144599123352_thumb.jpg

post-11167-144599123362_thumb.jpg

Looks like a nice spot to spend a week whether you are fishing or not.

That water is so clear should be amazing for lure fishing and doing some underwater filming.

In the near future I'll get up there hopefully and see it for myself.

Catching up with old mates is always good to exchange some BS and laughter.

Thanks for reporting.

Is the last photo your next upgrade? ;)

Looks like a nice spot to spend a week whether you are fishing or not.

That water is so clear should be amazing for lure fishing and doing some underwater filming.

In the near future I'll get up there hopefully and see it for myself.

Catching up with old mates is always good to exchange some BS and laughter.

Thanks for reporting.

Is the last photo your next upgrade? ;)

Haha. It is a nice 23ft Stripper with a v8 300 yammie on the back. But you know what, my little boat still has more deck area to fish from. This surprised me quite a bit. The guys who owned that boat actually went free diving. No crays though! :(

Shame I couldn't make it this year with you , work as always gets in the way alot of bad weather held the crews back will be trying hard to get out soon up there. What are the big fish in the photo on the right Julian

Hey Mark,

Really missed having my regular crew there this year. It meant I had to adhere to other people's schedules and locations, but you get that.

They are gold bands. They were apparently caught in 80mtrs of water.

Do you know what holidays you have next year mate? The house I got can actually sleep 6 quite comfy, and we can push it to 8. I'm going to rebook, but lessons learnt, I'd like to gather my own house of mates. I'll be rebooking it the same house.

Once I get the dramas in my boat fixed I'll look at heading up. I currently have a connection issue to my starter battery.

Archived