Late School Holiday Report- PBs all round

RUSSIAN

Hi all,

Been a little slack with not writing up the fishing sessions I had on the September school holidays. First week went camping to Maroon dam with the family. Didn't catch anything the first day but after finding where they were hiding, we ended up catching over 50 bass (ranging between 30-40cm) and a number of healthy tandans. Not my forte, but still good fun and did catch a personal best 40cm bass.

On the second week, went out one night into the bay and didn't find much bait. It was very surprising to find the bait so scarce but we made do with our yakka, pike and herring. Nothing for the first hour and on the change, the baitrunner screamed off and I thought maybe a small jew or snap but this thing kept going and going. Finally after taking an estimated 100 or 150 metres of line, we finally turned his head. This fish fought exceptionally well and after a 10 minute fight, up came the biggest snapper I had ever encountered! He measured 83cm! And I was stoked, especially for a bay snap! After a quick release, we kept fishing and not long after another baitrunner went off! Another blistering run but on the heavier outfit, he didn't take as much line although he still fought well, using his size and current to his advantage. Up came a pb jew! He went 97cm and I was over the moon. Kept fishing for a while longer and didn't get anything. Interesting to note, that was the night where the full moon came up around 9pm and after that, the action left us. So 2 PBS in one night and I was on a high, especially after not taking the boat out for so long due to school. Credit to my girlfriend who was begging to be mentioned in my post.

Did go another day in the bay before the start of term 4. The water was completely glassed and within 10 minutes of being at our beacon, we saw a huge free jumping tuna! Although the fish just weren't playing the game for us. My mate Justin got a 63cm mackerel opn a slug and got a couple of snip offs and nothing else. Although I did have a herring floating under a large balloon and didn't appreciate when soemone decided it was a good idea to drive over my floating line even after I was yelling at him to stop. Can't do anything about it but I wasn't happy. A couple of other mates got onto some kings on surface so hopefully we can get some more luck next time.

Anyways, thanks for reading!

Tight lines

Anthony

DSC_0113.JPG

DSC_0115.JPG

DSC_0129.JPG

DSC_0141.JPG

Archived