Catch Up Lazy Report

Surfingant

G'day, I haven't been around here in a while due to wedding planning, overseas trip planning and the new format scaring me off! I have been fishing a lot though and have managed a few good fish recently. As usual I've been chasing bream a lot and have managed a number of good sessions, I've honestly caught too many bream to remember what's what and when but there have been a couple of standout sessions where fish were coming on board pretty much every cast, basically work out a pattern and you can hit them one after the other. 

Late last year I bagged a new PB Mangrove Jack from the Coomera canals, having given upon nabbing one I tied on a smaller plastic hoping for some bream action, watching an angry red fish race out of his pontoon and smash it was absolutely awesome, he wasn't big at 43cm but as they say, a jack is a jack!

Maroon Dam has also been kind, Rob Searing (Zim Man) and I hit it a few weeks back and smashed them on the new Cablistas early in the morning, another one of those situations where ifa cast came back untouched we wondered what went wrong. I went back last weekend in the yak with another mate and while they were quieter, I still managed to nail a heap working a blade deeper through schooled fish.

The Snapper is probably my favourite capture though, we were fishing Redcliffe for bream and later in the morning this guy decided he liked the look of my Saemi, it was an epic fight on bream gear (1-2kg rod, straight through 3lb flourocarbon) around the reef but thanks to Denis and his great work on the electric we eventually steered my new PB 65cm into the waiting net, we were pumped, and a little relieved, as by the time we landed it every boat around us was watching, no pressure!

Anyway that's a quick catchup, I could bore you with more bream pics but I won't. With Dubai being one of our honeymooon destinations here's hoping my next session will involve some of those xos bream they have over there...

Cheers,

Ant.

P1020639.JPG

P1020627.JPG

P1020661.JPG

P1020649.JPG

P1020642.JPG

P1020623.JPG

Archived