Dollie Mayhem

tugger

Sunday i took my mate Terry for a trip offshore we hit up the dolphin fish and a coup,e of reefs on the way home, the dollies were thick and again we lost the 2 big fish 1st up then caught another 9 average dollies  before they shut down. On the shallower reefs we picked up a few pan snapper and a pearlie before heading home was a great day and my deckie like a true pirate drank some rum aboard me boat. Great day all up with nice weather and a feed of fish to come home with

20161127_165203.jpg

4 hours ago, christophagus said:

Those things are my favourite eating fish. Howd you catch them out of interest...floating baits in front of them or by lure. Well done tugger!

Casting live yakkas at them gets them very excited or cube with pilchards and get them interseted then cast a cube with the hook set. We got them on live yakkas this time but when they are a bit smaller the cube pillie works better and the livies work better on the big dollies.

6 hours ago, demarc said:

Good haul Tugger. Sing out when you're going out again, doesn't matter when. Change of circumstances means I have some extended free time. :) Downside, 6 weeks to find new work.

I will let you know when i am heading out probably closer to xmas now and will be chasing mackerel down the coast if your still keen

Archived