Is Jacob Well? - Now With Report

benno573

And here's the report...

launched at a leisurely 645am and headed up the main channel. Jacob was feeling a little off colour with run off from recent storms so I figured we were in for a slightly tougher day than some previous trips.

anchored up at my first spot and things were very quiet. We only managed 2 whiting, one was a nice 34cm model which compensated a little for the lack of numbers.

Decided to move around to a spot I hadn't fished for a while which immediately paid off with a 36cm grunter on the first cast and a nice whiting shortly after.. After that we were stuck in the nursery so we decided to move again.

the next spot which has produced every time did not produce at all this time other than a random 31cm squire so off we went again to my most reliable outgoing tide spot. Again, things were a lot quieter than normal but we chipped away pulling in a few more good whiting in amongst the catfish and rays. Then I hooked something that screamed off like a ray normally would but as soon as the initial run stopped it felt quite different. An entertaining fight followed and a lovely mulloway came up, unfortunately only 63cm but not bad on 6lb line and a yabby for bait! Quick photo and it was returned to the depths to grow bigger.

we tried a few more spots but it just wasn't our day. Ended up with 9 whiting and a grunter for dinner. Heading back out Thursday so hoping for a bit better luck then.

thanks to @ellicat for another top day out.

thanks also to @Madmic for the brag mat...

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Archived