AFO Merch

Angus

Hey team,

So I have been getting a lot of requests lately for AFO merch in the form of hats, shirts etc. This used to be something we readily had but with our brief period of malcontents combined with the decline of forums in general attributed to Facebook we sort of lost the momentum... With the huge influx of activity, content and members over the last year, and the success of the X-Mas party motivation has returned :) I think with events like Blakesleys and hopefully many more this year it might be worth revisiting. Merch has always been an interesting one for me as I have questioned why there is even demand... However I think the answer is simple and no different from fans buying a broncos jersey or similar. There is that enjoyment and pride of being part of and supporting something.

As far as merchandise goes one key problem is the variance of demand (work shirts vs tournament shirts, hats, vs caps etc).

I thought a simple solution might be to get some patches made. This way they could be stitched onto anything from a shirt, camp, vest, bag, hoody or whatever. We will just have to watch out for those VLAD laws :P

With enough interest we could even get some inter-site patch ideas going. For example larger patches for the back of hoodies/jackets, wanderers patches or patches featuring different fish (snapper, bass, jack) with the AFO logo incorporated to represent the different piscatorial affiliations we have on site. Just for the record, the way embroiderers work there would be individual set up costs for individual designs so it would come down to interest and numbers for viability. 

Anyway one way it might work would be to present a couple of design ideas and take EOI's and when enough commit order?

It could be done a few ways.

Also feel free to shoot the idea down. I am just trying to meet the requests I have been receiving :)

In fact feel free to shoot me down sooner rather than later as I do not particularly want to go down the path only to hear crickets!

Ont he flip side if this interests you for one or more patches to show your affiliation with the site let me know and I will happily pursue the idea.

Cheers.

Angus

Always keen to support Angus, and I really like the idea of the patches. I'm starting to amass more fishing shirts than I have "good" clothes, and have a couple of button-up shirts that I always love wearing on the water, so patches would be great that I could just stitch onto.

A nice t-shirt that I could wear to BBQs and stuff, that promotes the AFO brand, but doesn't look like I've just left the ramp would also be a hit with me.

Either way I'll generally take one of whatever's going.

The wife and I didn't get married for each others' sewing skills. haha So (no pun intended) patches wouldn't be my first choice. However, I like Tybo's T-shirt idea (as they stretch around the middle). :)

Late thought - What about iron-on transfers of the logo ?

I'd be keen for a couple of stickers for both the car and boat. But like Ty mentioned t-shirts would be a great idea and I think that's something that most people would happily buy and wear regularly!  I also like the idea of singlets but that may be less popular amongst the older members. I guess it's best to start off with merch that we know everyone will like. 

This definitely seems like an idea that will keep AFO going strong :)

James

45 minutes ago, bersim said:

I'd be keen for a couple of stickers for both the car and boat. But like Ty mentioned t-shirts would be a great idea and I think that's something that most people would happily buy and wear regularly!  I also like the idea of singlets but that may be less popular amongst the older members. I guess it's best to start off with merch that we know everyone will like. 

This definitely seems like an idea that will keep AFO going strong :)

James

Suns out guns out? :P

I still have a Bfo shirt, jumper and I think beanie from back in the day. T-shirts or a simple polo would be a fairly cheap way and sounds like there is a bit of interest.

On 6 January 2017 at 4:49 PM, Angus said:

I will talk to @John. He has the graphics.

T shirts are good for pre orders as well. Means no risk of AFO being out of pocket with unsellable stock and everyone can get what they want.

If you can send me the graphic with the fish that'd be great. May not end up being what everyone likes and that's fine so it can just be an option

Archived