Caboolture River Above Weir

bassmandan

Hey guys.

Well had a go in caboolture river yesterday.

Set off about 3 launching just off norfolk esplanade. Worked my way up the river from here. Plenty of great looking snags and overhanging trees. But the river was plaqued with weed noth on top and underneath the surface. Right up both banks. I persisted to paddle further up the river hoping to find somewhere that was weed free. Fail...

It was very quiet with very little movement.. maybe a bit of rain to clean the weed off the top would be great..

There was very little to no action movement i  the river. The batometer was low which might o snt the fish deep.. plenty of water for them to hide in. And over 250000 fingerlings have been released into the river since year 2000 so there has to be som donkeys in there!

Try again soon

Cheers

DAN

4 hours ago, bassmandan said:

Hey guys.

Well had a go in caboolture river yesterday.

Set off about 3 launching just off norfolk esplanade. Worked my way up the river from here. Plenty of great looking snags and overhanging trees. But the river was plaqued with weed noth on top and underneath the surface. Right up both banks. I persisted to paddle further up the river hoping to find somewhere that was weed free. Fail...

It was very quiet with very little movement.. maybe a bit of rain to clean the weed off the top would be great..

There was very little to no action movement i  the river. The batometer was low which might o snt the fish deep.. plenty of water for them to hide in. And over 250000 fingerlings have been released into the river since year 2000 so there has to be som donkeys in there!

Try again soon

Cheers

DAN

Yea there was alot of weed when i fished there in 2015. I gave up working the bank. So i trowled a jackal TN60 Bone blue craw. Off the edge and into the middle of the river and managed to get a 40cm bass. Was the biggest i have seen and caught. It was the only one  i got in a 2.5 hr trip.

20160114_134007.jpg

More fingerlings going in there today if you want to come along for a look and hit up the stocking group for some hints. behind the tennis courts about 10:30.

Did alright alright downstream from the morayfield rd bridges last time I had my kayak on there. But yes, it has been pretty dry here, river needs a good run.

Yeah @Binder I spoke to a lady from the stocking group earlier in the week. unfortunately i work nights and didn't wake up in time this morning..
Hopefully can get to another!!! I haven't got facebook so if possible can you let me know when the next one is happening and hopefully i can make it down. i have caught bass in there and in the middle of the day too, land based alot further upstream.. 

cheers
Dan

Generally we only stock once a year, around this time. Being a small group we are often a "tag along" to a bigger stocking event, so typical for us to only get a day or two's notice it is "on".

I'll try and let you know when they are having their next meeting, but they are a pretty laid back lot, they dont happen all that often!  :)

Archived