Trailer Light Board

Tybo

Anyone on the Northside have a trailer light board I can borrow for next Saturday(8th)?

I bought a set of Narva submersible LED lights for my trailer about three years ago. Over the last 3 months the port side LEDs have slowly died. Being fully sealed I cannot get into them and it came with a 5 year LED warranty anyhow. So I had to take the whole set off and send it away for inspection. This was a month ago, still no word.

Promised a friend who is coming up from Tassie I'd take him to Moreton next Saturday, but at this stage my trailer has no lights. Anyone help me out? I was just going to build a cheap board but am pretty time poor at the moment, and hate spending time and money on temporary things. I might get a call saying my 'new' lights are ready in the next week, but then again I may not.

Am willing to trade a sixer of your choice or a day out in the boat(or both) for the privilege? Anyone help me out? Boat is 4.7m, with my connection being a 7 pin flat. Thanks!

@Tybo  I have one. Although a southsider I am travelling to Stafford this afternoon to see TerryH so could meet you there or drop off at yours if it's close by. Ne reward required :)

It is a round connection, Depending how long you need it I could lend the adapter too.

Leaving soonish.

11 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Nice one Rob, first try at them? If so that's a great start!!

yes first go. I only had about 2 hours so couldn't give it too much of a go. Keen to try again.

I found my leaders were twisting up pretty bad and breaking off. I thought I should try a thicker fluorocarbon to try and get the swivels to do there job? any tips?

21 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Nice one. have a great fish @Tybo. Hope you smash the spotties. I caught a couple the other day with the hydro planes you showed me. Keen to get out this week but its crazy windy. 

Awesome, I'm glad they worked for you. I plan to give them a go this Saturday, however as you said I think she's going to be a bit lumpy.

On 08/04/2017 at 2:09 PM, Drop Bear said:

Hope its going well mate. Looks lumpy and water still dirty...

Yeah, I never went out. Called it on Thursday after watching the weather all week. My mate from Tassie wasn't too worried, and said we'll try again another time.

You're never going to guess @ellicat I got the call to say my lights are ready Friday. Murphy's law huh? I never went out on the Saturday anyhow, crossing the bay in 20kt southerlies wasn't really something I felt like doing. Thanks again for the lend, I'll get your board back to you, even if I have to bring to down to you. Just tell me when you need them.

I spent my "free" Saturday redoing my trailer bearings, which I haven't looked at in two years. Talk about Pandoras box. I just did one side, and the discoveries were shocking. The bearing was pretty much shot, not to mention the milky brown residue inside the cone, indicating water had entered. The spindle has corrosion, which means I may as well replace the already corroded axle. The disc brakes are enormously pitted, so may as well replace them also. And the bolts on the callipers are pretty rough too, which from memory are specific sizes and can't be replaced on their own, so...

I think Parsons Knows may be off the water for awhile, and the bank balance up for a hiding.

12 hours ago, Tybo said:

Yeah, I never went out. Called it on Thursday after watching the weather all week. My mate from Tassie wasn't too worried, and said we'll try again another time.

Good call. It looks mint this morning. I'm heading to Moreton at lunch time. Hopefully the snapper are at the Cape!

5 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Good call. It looks mint this morning. I'm heading to Moreton at lunch time. Hopefully the snapper are at the Cape!

Yeah, typical. Blows all weekend, beautiful Monday morning. Good luck!

15 hours ago, ellicat said:

No rush on the return; I got it out of storage as it is. Next meet up or Xmas party (lol) will be fine.
What suburb are you at ? I head over the river every now and then.

Cool as. I'm at Chermside, I'll PM you my mobile, give us a buzz if you've ever around. Thanks again!

6 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Do you know a good place to buy an axle and bits?

I can get genuine parts easily, but as I found out this morning, they're very expensive. Enquired about a new genuine axel, $863! Not sure if that includes the hubs and calipers, but even if it did I still think it's expensive. I'm going to do some searching this week.

6 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Thanks Gary. Do you chase Barra up that way?

Yeah mate, but don't catch a lot as we only fish pretty

light for whiting/bream and flatties so when you get a barra strike they mostly

win unless they're only legal size.:2_grimacing:

Gary.

Archived