This Weekend

demarc

16 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Don't forget to take the required icon for the State of Origin comp for any snapper :) Icon is put up on Wednesday night. Good luck!

Hopefully the weather stays good because im chasing snapper one day and hitting the reef the next.

Wounder of pics of the fish have to be while your on the water or when you get home

6 hours ago, josha293 said:

Hopefully the weather stays good because im chasing snapper one day and hitting the reef the next.

Wounder of pics of the fish have to be while your on the water or when you get home

Doesn't matter mate as long as you've got the required symbol :)

I'll be camping on bribie this weekend hopefully to take out the flathead category for the northside. Maybe even a chance of a big bream too but unlikely. 

4 hours ago, timtam_ said:

Doesn't matter mate as long as you've got the required symbol :)

I'll be camping on bribie this weekend hopefully to take out the flathead category for the northside. Maybe even a chance of a big bream too but unlikely. 

I will be out thursday chasing some snapper for the noeth side, might even put in a flathead session aswell. 

You going to be on a boat or landbased?

I just got an update on my canopy, it's going well but slower than expected so at this stage I won't have my boat back till next week. Can not wait to get out on the water and see the difference it will make. 

It means I'll give this round a miss and be ready for the next round. I have a few things to do with the kids and work to get through this weekend.

Good luck to all.

Im not too confident on the snapper ad my boat isn't big enough to get out wide and get the big fellas but i might have a good chance at the flathead as thats all i ever use to chase.  

Knowing my luck it will be like every other comp i have done, do well pre comp then come comp day and can't finf a single fish:lol:

18 hours ago, Luke Landrunner said:

I'll be hitting the Noosa river first thing.....

What species is your target? @Dinodadog will obviously slay the bass, @josha293 and myself will combine for flatties and bream, maybe @Luke Landrunner will be the man to land the winning tailor! Theres been some 50cm+ catches at the mouth of the Noosa on sunset. That leaves @Doyley to bring home the proverbial bacon in the form of a mammoth Snapper! Is that the sound of Soufsiders giving up? @kmcrosby78

5 hours ago, timtam_ said:

What species is your target? @Dinodadog will obviously slay the bass, @josha293 and myself will combine for flatties and bream, maybe @Luke Landrunner will be the man to land the winning tailor! Theres been some 50cm+ catches at the mouth of the Noosa on sunset. That leaves @Doyley to bring home the proverbial bacon in the form of a mammoth Snapper! Is that the sound of Soufsiders giving up? @kmcrosby78

Yep tailor main target, bream are around too and flathead if I change things up from my surface addiction....

Managed three Tailor around the 40-42cm mark this morning but dropped a 65+ Queenie at the side when my net got caught in the treble of a spare rod behind me. Tried to lift her in but the 8 pound leader gave way, bye bye fish and lure.....

Back at it tomorrow. 

Unfortunately not.

I have work to do on Saturday and Sunday taking the kids to the Sanctuary Cove boat show.

Figures are crossed and will be silently cheering.

The boat was going to be ready but I added extras making it later than expected.

Good Luck.

10 hours ago, timtam_ said:

Ill be hitting up the passage Sunday morning with the kids for the Toorbul Fishing Club's monthly comp.  So hopefully helping out @josha293 and @timtam_ with the flatty and bream.  

Where are you camping @timtam_?

13 hours ago, timtam_ said:

Give up? Hahahahah - geez Southsiders, these two-heads we're up against are smug for a team that didn't win a game last year and opted not to contest the 'dead-rubber' ...... :whistle:

12 hours ago, timtam_ said:

@Doyley, ill be camping at poverty creek, fishing in the channels and weed beds north of that where there's less traffic and pressure. 

Nice  @timtam_ , also check out Mission Point Camping area.  It is only accessable by boat and the camps are all along the waters edge, so you can anchor your boat infront of your tent.  

Ill be fishing up around Hussey Ck, if you see my boat come over and say hi.  

IMG_2669.thumb.JPG.b01d9246c5386ffe2bf21e4c56761204.JPG

Archived