price matching?

buzzid

I know that Amart does a 10 % price guarantee, basically means that if you see another price, either listed (in store), or advertised (but not a \"special\" quote) from a competitor, they will beat the price by 10% upon confirmation that the item is in stock at the other store.

If you are buying multiples of the same item, ie 5 x tld25's, then the 10% extra discount applies to the first one, then the price is matched to the competitor on the other 4.

Hypothetical example,

Amart $215 - BCF $205

First one would be at $215 - 10%, the other 4, would be at $205.

Works out quite well if it is big ticket items, and I take a perverse pleasure in the process (as an amart boy) as it gets the \"decision makers\" to pull out their finger and get the prices ultra competitive in the first place to avoid future repeats.

Happy shopping!

Rocket

Terry, I think I have Shimano rods in Annaconda, but not reels.

If you not set on giving the local tackle shop your business, then do the right thing and give your business to the company that had the lowest price to start with, they are the ones doing the hard yards.

Feral wrote:

Terry, I think I have Shimano rods in Annaconda, but not reels.

If you not set on giving the local tackle shop your business, then do the right thing and give your business to the company that had the lowest price to start with, they are the ones doing the hard yards.

well said feral.

Fisher, I remember last year when I was looking at shark fishing reels, I asked about Shimano and they said they do not stock any shimano fishing gear.

I was in at Anaconda just before the Awoonga trip and did not see any Shimano gear

its all Daiwa, Penn, Okuma, Mojiko, Ugly, Pfleuger, Silstar that sorta stuff.

i'm hearing you feral, normally i would but want it buy tuesday next week thats all. campbells have the lowest i've seen by about $90. but will probably hit up rocket sometime before monday arvo. don't worry guys i give plenty of my hard earned to the local independent fella.

buzz

thanks for that rocket. does special mean \"on special\" or \"for you son i'll do a special price\"

buzz?

Special meaning marked down - not if you take it today i'll do you a deal special!

Good luck with the 2 speed, I know my store doesn't have any to offer at the moment, and I will be on holidays for two weeks as of today!

Rocket

Archived