From Tragic To Magic

Dinodadog

Arrived at the ramp to find I had lost my casting rod somewhere between the gate and the ramp, then spent nearly an hour looking for it. Lucky someone found it while I was looking, only problem it had fallen on the road and been run over. I was glad to get the reel back in one piece. Next tragic was the first fish flicked out of my hand and drove the hook in past the barb. So I decided he who hesitates  is lost and reefed it out in one movement:1_grinning:

Anyway with 3/4 of a casting rod I managed to get over 40 bass on it, 63 bass all up, nearly all on blades.

Dino

P8200013.JPG

P8210013.JPG

P8210014.JPG

P8210015.JPG

P8210017.JPG

P8210018.JPG

P8210019.JPG

P8210020.JPG

P8210021.JPG

P8210022.JPG

P8210024.JPG

Went for a fish yesterday, only 3 bass and one fishing outfit!!

Maybe one of yours Dino, it's been down there for a long time, half the cork grip has been eaten away.

The reel (Shimano Sienna 2500) still works but need a complete strip down and clean. The spool lip is rough in places.

Haven't decided if the outfit is worth refurbishing!!

3 hours ago, Luc53 said:

Nice fishing haha. Better than a boot.

You would have to take all the guides off if you wanted to properly replace the cork grip. Could be done cheaper with some foam and some heat shrink tubing as a dodgy fix. 

As for the Sienna 2500, they sell for $50 these days. 

https://www.fishingtackleshop.com.au/products/shimano-sienna-reels-fe-model.html?utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_source=bc&attributes=eyIyNDE4IjoiNTk0NSJ9&gclid=Cj0KCQjwz_TMBRD0ARIsADfk7hS-F3fOQ-xC7NrHvZrmE5jhmgeyLL1uVIN8eE83dYEh7V5m1j69kpcaAndJEALw_wcB

6 hours ago, Luc53 said:

Went for a fish yesterday, only 3 bass and one fishing outfit!!

Maybe one of yours Dino, it's been down there for a long time, half the cork grip has been eaten away.

The reel (Shimano Sienna 2500) still works but need a complete strip down and clean. The spool lip is rough in places.

No not mine Luc

Archived