Fingerling Release NPD 15/12/17

rayke1938

Used to have fun catching the silvers, I put my hand up for them, worked out well as at the last meeting we all agreed to make it a diverse fishery ( all species ) Only people against were the ones that could not or have not caught any. Size for size they will pull a bass backwards, they are a ball of muscle, not the best for the table but one of the best for sport fishing.

Dino

1 hour ago, Dinodadog said:

Used to have fun catching the silvers, I put my hand up for them, worked out well as at the last meeting we all agreed to make it a diverse fishery ( all species ) Only people against were the ones that could not or have not caught any. Size for size they will pull a bass backwards, they are a ball of muscle, not the best for the table but one of the best for sport fishing.

Diverse sounds good. Thanks for the report mate. When I grow up I would like to become part of a stocking program.

13 hours ago, Dinodadog said:

Dino

I've caught a few, yes they go well - but they are not value for money, catch returns in most dams where they are stocked are almost non existent, and their possession limit is only 2 (although with the catch rate, that is not likely to be a problem.....)

Silvers are a regular catch in Leslie,Glen Lyon and Cania that I know of.

When I was reading some of the history of Mcdonald silvers up to 50 cm were a regular catch but they are now like NPD quite rare. I do not know if they are till stocked there.

It would be interesting to see the results of a dedicated electrofihing survey of NPD because there should be a lot more yellas in the catch cards considering the numbers stocked there.

Cheers

Ray

Archived