Muzza Open Day

wesfish

Gday

Headed out to a border river with my mate Glenn to his mates property. 

We started fishing at 1am in the pitch dark waiting for the moon to rise to shed some light. We started to get the boofs on surface and I was first on the board with a lil muzza. The hits continued and first light broke the sky to reveal a beautiful section of river. I landed another 3 lil fellas from about 10 different cod as the sun came up. Alot of swing and miss hits that keep the heart rate up which results in more casting. Switched to a spinnerbait and did not take long to find some nice yellas and more small cod. As the day got hot I switched to one of my divers and the results kicked up a gear. I managed a 75cm muzza and more yellas. Glenn had started to get a few himself and encounted a big river muzza. As he dragged his spinnerbait over a log a 90+ climbed over the log trying to pick his lure up off the log. Crazy sight and he was exicted and spewin at the same time . We fished till around 5pm when our eyes were heavy from no sleep getting out there. Final tally 16 cod and 6 yellas for the efforts

Here are only a few pics that are on my tablet from my camera, more pics on my phone lol

DSCF5137.JPG

DSCF5142.JPG

DSCF5145.JPG

DSCF5148-1.jpg

DSCF5149.JPG

DSCF5152-2.jpg

48 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Starting to show your age Wes, didn't even stay for the sunset session ……. 🙃  Congrats on another cracking session - boy that's one big day, especially during summer!!!

Cheers mate , yeah getting old lol only paddled 7klms upstream this time 😄 it was fairly shut down with only 2 very minor bite periods. The signs of action went quite at 4pm so we called it quits at 5pm. Was starting to micro sleep in the yak and afraid I might fall in lol 

39 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Thought you'd be one of the desperadoes waiting for the clock to strike 12. 🤣 I've been seeing all the cod posts on FB, making me envious.

Good first session. No doubt many more to come.

We arrived at the property just after 12am and set up camp. On the water by 1am lol close enough to 12 . I dont go to hard over summer for them, I prefer april-may for my prime time surface fishing. I will fish the 3 full moons of summer though to escape the heat. 

Archived