Carrington Rocks Tuesday Arvo

Proffs

Hi all, just thought i'd let everyone know I'm gonna have a crack at \"Carrington Rocks\" tomorrow arvo. (UBD MAP 198, J1!) I've never fished in the river before so if anyone wants to come down with some hints or for a chat I should be there by 3 at latest.

Here's a pic of Carro rocks

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/carro_AFO.jpg

Feel free to \"pm\" me if keen!:cheer:

EDIT: By the way; I'm just fishing from shore.

post-1013-144598434913_thumb.jpg

Good luck mate!! Expect a few catfish! they can be good fun at around 50cm or over which there are loads of that size at the moment just watch out for the spines, using prawns also gives you a chance of a bream or flattie or even thready or cod ect.. looking foward to seing what you catch good luck

pinkey wrote:

Good luck mate!! Expect a few catfish! they can be good fun at around 50cm or over which there are loads of that size at the moment just watch out for the spines, using prawns also gives you a chance of a bream or flattie or even thready or cod ect.. looking foward to seing what you catch good luck

:laugh: :laugh: lol

Is that right? :P ah well. :blush: I still think I might have a crack. What about \"Sherwood Arboretum\"? Fished along there before, Pinkey? :dry:

Proffs wrote:

pinkey wrote:

:laugh: :laugh: lol

Is that right? :P ah well. :blush: I still think I might have a crack. What about \"Sherwood Arboretum\"? Fished along there before, Pinkey? :dry:

yeah mate give it a go! lol dont you like the idea of catties? na i havent fished either of thoose spots... :P. you can always have a crack at a shark to! Looks like a nice spot should hold some bream and threadys thats for sure.

looks like a good spot!

Proffs wrote:

Pinkey: No, no, I guess I actually DO want a cattie or two :P just bought a new baitrunner snapper combo on the weekend n wouldn't mind tryin out the ol sharks! Just feels weird to say that! :ohmy: :huh: :laugh: You should come show us how it's done! ;)

Should have a good day then with the catties :P. If you get one under 25 odd cm dont hesitate to place a hook or 2 in its back and send her out with a wire trace :P. Would love to come but i would have no way of getting there + i have been fishing everyday since friday.. probly going to give it a break 2morrow... but maybe just maybe i might give the local a go if im bored :P hehe

Where's the report??................here, thats where! :lol: Ha; I turned up just before 3 and there was a bloke with his mum fishing there already. Anyway got started with some store-bought banana prawns in front of those rocks. Two words; snag city. To the left of them where mangroves and I spent most of my time fishing there.

So, the fish. The asian bloke there with his mum caught a shark round 90cm or so? On fresh mullet strips. Joel(Obone) turned up bout 4 or so, introduces himself, casts into \"snag city\" and almost straight away says \"yep; I'm on\". Couple seconds later he pulls up this little beauty.

[img size=374]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Joel__s_Cod.jpg

How's that for a first impression! :ohmy: We kept fishing for another hour or two with not much caught except 2 catties; on diced pork!! :S One was my PB! (Haha) Brad(caleen) came down for a fish n chat as well with his son Caleen. All in all I'm heaps glad I went this arvo; great blokes Joel n Brad and I'm keen to get back down there!

Joel and I will probably be there again tomoro from about 3 or 4 if anyone's keen!

post-1013-144598434928_thumb.jpg

whatnow wrote:

now i see the report lol

atleast u got the pb catfish looks pretty skinny to me

Haha, yeah, those were my first two catties ever today. Just tryin to make fun of only catchin catties! lol :blush:

As for Joel's cod, I'm not sure how long it was but the mouth on it.... :ohmy:

Heyyy! Good photo Proffs! Your phone takes a good pic.

And whatnow the catty wasn;t as skinny as it looks in the photo. It was old and dirty though. Looked like it put up a good little fight for Proffs though!

And yeh anyone who wants so come tomorrow (5/11/07) I'll be down there from aroud 4 with Proffs.

Joel ;)

Yeh well as Proffs said, a guy caught a shark there while we were there. Good to see so I might have a go tomorrow I think.

Didn't bother to measure the cod, he wasn't as big as my last one, and I just wanted to get him back in the water quickly, so I can catch him in the 2010 BRC!

Joel ;)

Archived