Early Saturday Morning 08/12

CrayfishMates

I know most of you are hooked into the classic but for those of you not venturing the river we may be heading out to the artificials in the bay. Also open to suggestions.

Location not confirmed as yet due to the weather this week. So far it is only blowing 8 to 12 knots which will be nothing at all in the first four hours (4 to 8).

Any who are up for it, let me know and we will hook up with more details Friday night. My phone is in my profile if ya wanna call.

Of course we all need photo evidence and report for the rest of the river dippers at the classic...

Tight lines guys.

OK we are set for launching from the Victoria Point boat ramp. ETA 0430. We will be heading first to Atkinson reef, if all is good there we will hang about for the change of tide about 0845. We will be trolling on the way up to see what hits or not. Then after the reef if weather still hangs in there (though I doubt it) we will target a shark or four.

I am taking the brother in law for a run as he is itchin to land his first shark.

If you want to tag along, you are more than welcome.

I do have a question... What would be a good jig for bait?

As some of you will know about 2am a small storm ripped through from the mountains to north of bris river. It wakes us up and I jump on bom to see what is going on.

Find nothing that big to worry about for a trip in the bay so we coffee up and head up the road.

Wind and a small 0.5 swell was kicking the guts out of the bay north west of Peel Island. In among the chop and carry on we are both a little light headed. Strong smell coming out of the bilge. Bugga me if we dont have some sort of fuel leak. The words \"f...ck me dead\" come to mind along with a few other choices.

Anyway, I figure I may have overfilled the tank this morning and we say carry on...

Atkinson Reef saw 2 other units when we got there and spent about 3 hours friggin about with small stuff. We motored out of there and there was in all about 10 boats. I make a note not to head out to Atkinson reef during xmas as it will be over fished...

We take a few picks out of my gps book, zig zagin back to the boat ramp. Nothing all that interesting at all aside from quite a few nobs that have no idea how to skipper a boat and should stick to inflatable rowers....

The waters calmed down to just short of dead flat comin back in and I thought having a go at the first attempt of driving this Bulldog unit onto the trailer. Now the trailer is not a drive on lol. I set up and bingo on she goes and a little bump to the bow roller and she is on and loaded in just under 2 mins.... Pretty happy with that. The bloke next to me on the ramp had his wife and kids out on his neat little ski boat was winching and sweatin while the missus is trying to keep the boat straight. He was squintin green at me, seeing this old unit slip up the trailer without breaking a sweat....

Tight lines guys.

oh lol the brother from another other mother got his shark lol [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Fishing_Expedition_Dec0807_003sm.jpg

post-2316-144598435444_thumb.jpg

Archived