Reccomend a 20lb Braid for Bay Spinning

Fisher_90

You could try PowerPro Spectra Braid as well. Gotta get it from ebay though. 20lb is as thin as 6lb mono. Costs about AUD$43. Waiting period would be about 7 working days. Get them in moss green, bright yellow, or red! My fav is red! :side:

Casts great on my baitcasters as well as spin gears. Definitely better than cheap braid and most monos.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280174502703&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=018

Fisher_90 wrote:

$43 i could just buy the varivas, i dont like ebay braids.

Erm... the PowerPro ain't an \"ebay\" brand. If you'd like to do a search on the PowerPro brand, you'll find that it's quite a reputable US brand. Shops don't sell it here so ebay is the only place to get it.

If it's crap, I don't think someone like Kiara would be using it, right bro? haha! :P

DC7 is for heavy cover fishing and i need to stop and reel in the fish as fast as i can.

mono's not as sensitive as fluro so i leave it.

braid's sensitive but it's not for heavy cover fishing (not abbrassive resistant)and it damage the reel.

when using braid, u don't wanna have any birdnests as the braid has no stretch and a lure can snap the line when it's suddenly stopped when flying. when dc's my long-distance casting reel as well, i don't want to lose too many lures and too much line when birdnests occurs ( and they always occurs when u attempt a longest distance casting)

You are wasting your money with PE. I've used 4 spools of it and don't find it that great for the price of it.

Stick to Spectra for high speed spinning. I use Tuff Line XP in 20lb. 20lb is a good all round strength. I use that for both high speed spinning and deep water plastics work.

You will also want a 300m spool, not a 150 or less. If you hook a good Long Tail you may find yourself in a bit of trouble if you've had the braid for awhile as no doubt you will lose some braid over time.

Troy

Archived