SP's, HB's or slugs

Ash

Hey all,

As i am just starting to get into the world HB lures, and as i have used sp's and slugs for a while, i was wondering what poeples prefered lures were. Now i know its a vague question, but im interested in what you use to target what fish.

Also please dont use this post as a springboard to launch into a scented or edible sp'd arent really lures speech as i know some of you feel that way. If possible, just what lure u like and what fish you target with it.

Ta

Ash

Well Ash i think i have about as much experience with them as you.

But 3'' and 2'' SP's from Berkley have worked for me so far with Flathead, Pike, Moses Perch and Flounder.

Poltergiste HB's for Catties.

Halco Laser Pro for that lucky Bass. (I have heard they are great for bream as well).

This is the extent of my knowledge though and i wont bore you with what i have \"read\".

Angus

I havn't had much success with slugs or hb's apart from poppers so I wont try to give advice for that. As for sp's tho my favourite for flathead are power minnows or realistix from berkley. As colors I like pink lemonade. I only use 2\" and 3\" power minnows. I use gulps abit aswell but they havn't worked as effectively yet. Another sp I really like is the twitcher nipper from storm. Both me and my brother got our first fish on sp's on them. Their good for bream, flathead and if your good whiting. Just what I've learnt so far.

slugs i like anything over 65grams raiders, lazers, surecatchknight or gillies doesnt matter use em all with the same success rate on tailor and trevally

hardbodys have not used many but berkeley frenzy has worked well for me on bass

sps i like berkleys for flathead but i havent used much else

efess

Hey Ando, what are size are those sx40's? who makes them and what do u target on them?

Efess i use the same soughts of slugs u got there. Ive only caught tayler on slugs, never on anything else, including bait!

Thanks for info guys, i like to see what poeple use, and also whats out there i havent seen and tries. Keep the info coming!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived