Pine River Donut

AUS-BNE-FISHO

6 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Were you tossing your plastics up current or down current ?

Was tossing down current for the majority of the night until we went to teh other side of the bridge briefly, I guess that could've made a difference. Though we were mainly fishing where there wasn't much/any current. 

16 minutes ago, leeroy1 said:

Love your reports mate.

Maybe next time target the tailor for a livie sounds like there were predators there. Can always keep throwing plastics with the livie on a rod in the rod holder. I do this a lot everywhere.

Thanks Leeroy. Good idea. 

3 minutes ago, Hweebe said:

Good Report @AUS-BNE-FISHO I saw at least half a dozen boats anchored up at the bridge on the way back from the Sunny Coast last night.

Gotta be something lurking in all that structure / light.

Do you have a sounder on the yak?

Yep, I think because it's full moon (and that's supposedly the best time to fish it according to someone who posts lots with jew/flatties in a Pine River facebook group).

We do have a sounder on the kayak though we didn't bother with it last session. The other fella out there told us it was 5-8m. 

Cheers Hamish

37 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Yep, I think because it's full moon (and that's supposedly the best time to fish it according to someone who posts lots with jew/flatties in a Pine River facebook group).

We do have a sounder on the kayak though we didn't bother with it last session. The other fella out there told us it was 5-8m. 

Cheers Hamish

Was thinking the sounder to see if there was any bait fish showing in the areas you fished

• 2 weeks later...

Despite having all the attributes it fishes poorly IMO. Always bait around, with some deeper water there and structure. It's like a mini version of the codhole/jewhole at the Maroochydore highway bridge but with much less action. HAve not had much success anywhere on the Pine but that's more a reflection of my skill level than the reality. Def casting upcurrent is the way to go I agree. 

13 minutes ago, Jimmyjack said:

Despite having all the attributes it fishes poorly IMO. Always bait around, with some deeper water there and structure. It's like a mini version of the codhole/jewhole at the Maroochydore highway bridge but with much less action. HAve not had much success anywhere on the Pine but that's more a reflection of my skill level than the reality. Def casting upcurrent is the way to go I agree. 

Still could be worse = Rockhampton/Yeppoon

4 hours ago, Jimmyjack said:

I always have a look over the water as i cross the highway bridge and there is always a boat / boats anchored up over the weekend. Surely someone is catching something.....either that or they are all out avoiding being at home??. I know for one of my mates, the major perk of crabbing and fishing as a hobby is getting out of the house.... away from errands and chores LOL.

41 minutes ago, Hweebe said:

I always have a look over the water as i cross the highway bridge and there is always a boat / boats anchored up over the weekend. Surely someone is catching something.....either that or they are all out avoiding being at home??. I know for one of my mates, the major perk of crabbing and fishing as a hobby is getting out of the house.... away from errands and chores LOL.

I agree up to a point. My fishing this year has been so crap Im beginning to unenjoy it. Like loving to play cricket but getting beaten by ten wickets every week. And being in Brisbane compounds it because it's not like I get away from everything when everyone is getting away from everything at the same time and in the same place. 

17 minutes ago, Jimmyjack said:

I agree up to a point. My fishing this year has been so crap Im beginning to unenjoy it. Like loving to play cricket but getting beaten by ten wickets every week. And being in Brisbane compounds it because it's not like I get away from everything when everyone is getting away from everything at the same time and in the same place. 

But at least it's usually exceptional fishing all around there and in Moreton Bay etc. Good crabs, heaps of prawns too.

• 3 weeks later...