Daryl McPhee

You have to love Amity!  You never know what will come out of the channel there. 

On a recent trip to Straddie my sons and I caught a heap of big bream three days in a row in the surf up against the rocks at Deadmans. All between 35 and 40, but that 44 is an absolute cracker. Well done, Max!

1 hour ago, Old Scaley said:

You have to love Amity!  You never know what will come out of the channel there. 

On a recent trip to Straddie my sons and I caught a heap of big bream three days in a row in the surf up against the rocks at Deadmans. All between 35 and 40, but that 44 is an absolute cracker. Well done, Max!

Indeed it does. There is always something surprising. I assumed that the bream must have been fairly widespread around the island. They were pretty big schools that I could see where I was fishing. They certainly made it difficult to catch other things!  

53 minutes ago, Kat said:

That's a whopper of a Bream.  Bet Max was pleased with himself - was it his PB?  I caught a 38.5 ish a couple of years ago and I thought it was a monster then. 

Thanks Kat. That his biggest one so far which eclipses the 42 cm fish he got fishing whiting in the Broadwater.