Sat night or early sunday 23/12

CrayfishMates

As I am missing the saturday curtain run with the blokes because of charter commitments, we will be heading out either saturday night or early sunday morning to catch the change of tide on curtain reef.

The reef will be somewhat less crowded on saturday night but navigation will be interesting. No worries there I will chart the route on friday night.

It is more than likely we will head out early morning to hit the reef at day break.

Let us know if you want to hook up and head out.

Well got back in from the charter at 1800 and hooked up the Bulldog with the brother and off we went. Found the ramp at Pinkenba nice and quite, which gave the brother a chance to practice reversing the unit in to the water. He did a great job for a first go. He unclipped me and I drove off into the bris river and picked him off the bank.

We headed straight for the mouth of the river to check on the wind in the bay and it was blowin a gale. Slipped back in and off the side of the channel to park up for the night. Lines in and headed for a sleep.

Up at 0200 both lines still had bait on them... Shot back out into the mouth after plotting our course for curtain reef. Pitch black, was hoping for a little moon light. Wind a little better but still blowing and the chop was up around a meter. We continued out and a bigger boat passed us so I slipped into his wake and motored a bit. Got hit twice by some larger waves that we could not see and though we would not risk it until dawn.

Head back in under the Gateway bridge and a handful of catfish. Daylight headed back out for a look and still blown up and looked like soup so we called it quits. Loaded up and went home.

doesnt it suck when all you want is to get out fishing and the damn wind just wont play the game. as soon aS the wind goes past 10 knots i wont go out in the bay as its to hard to get any where and to hard to feel bites.good on you for trying any way but if the wind is blowing hard dont go to cross the bay at night its a dissaster waiting to happpen:(

Archived