greetings all

Splinter

G'day Steve, welcome aboard.

Quite a few guys here local to you that fish the Brisbane river to the Bribie Passage.

Ningi Creek upstream a few kilometres has quite a lot of good territory suitable for your kayak or boat. Plenty of bream and flathead and a good number of jacks call it home.

Burpengary Creek has a concrete boat ramp well upstream that gives access to about 7km of creek that can produce well at times. The boat ramp is near 75 O'Leary Avenue, Burpengary East.

• 1 month later...

Can burpengary creek be navigated by boat at any tide level from  oleary rd boatramp to be able to access the mouth or is it better to launch at uhlman rd boat ramp then enter the mouth  of burpengary creek from there and if so can this be done at low tide.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks Splinter

Burpy creek is navigable downstream about 2km at low tide, at 1/4 tide you can get past the mud banks near the blow through...3 options there   hard right will need 1/3rd tide    right then straight ahead will get you through at 1/4 tide,  left needs 1/3rd tide.

I would not take anything bigger than 4.5m down from O'leary ramp....it is tight, it is shallow at times and there are 3 rock bars you might find with your prop at low tide.

All that being said though there is some great whiting to be caught in the creek.....my best there is about 40cm, plenty of flathead, lots of bream and a few jacks....not that you would specifically target jacks there. I have caught 3 in 40 years fishing there.

The straight immediately upstream of the blow through (3 ways) is a prime spot for big tings on mud worms....you can dig these a little further downstream.

Always take a bow saw or small chain saw....maybe 6 times I have had to trim back a tree that has fallen across the creek so I could get the boat through.