Jonnie 70

Hi Everyone Love This Site And Finally Joined 馃帲

1 hour ago, Jonnie 70 said:

Hello everyone happy to be a new member on here I鈥檓 hoping to go to Redcliffe soon for some land based snapper fishing any hints and tips would be great

Please login or register to view this image

Be prepared to put in some hours mate.聽

Fish light. Be as stealthy as possible and use the best local fresh bait u can get ur hands on.聽

Thanks for the tip I鈥檓 definitely going to go light + good bait I鈥檝e spent a few hours on here and got some awesome knowledge, also I鈥檝e got a tinnie 4.5 mtrs which I鈥檓 planning on taking out soon.

great site

14 hours ago, Jonnie 70 said:

I鈥檝e never tried them I released mine but I鈥檓 going back this weekend and hopefully catch a feed then off to Redcliffe the week after land based snapper

I like to fillet them and take the pin bones out then cut the fillet into 2 pieces. I did a really rough drawing of it. Basically because you get less meat after you fillet around the rib bones and the pin bones mean you cut it in half for some of the way, I cut the fillet this way and you mostly get 2 equal pieces.聽

Please login or register to view this attachment