New ( Old) dam boat.

rayke1938

• 2 weeks later...

Made up a few moveable rod mounts today out of a bit of old ally box section I had.

Copied the idea from those moveable anchor mounts that you can buy.

They work really well and you just remove the whole thing and chuck it in the bottom of the boat for transport.

Saves drilling holes in side of the boat and you can put them anywhere.

Photos are not the best quality but you should be able to get the idea.

I cut the bottom slot in the box section on my saw bench with a tungsten tipped blade.

Cheers

Ray [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1010864_AFO-27dd874dd86b99db866cd4611aaff096.jpg

post-230-144598443409_thumb.jpg

Just went out and took a photo showing how it slops into the c section. Yiu should be able to scrounge a suitable bit of ally from a window place just make certain it is 3mm thick as it needs a bit of strength and you also need to drill and tap it to miunt the rod holder.

Cheers

Ray [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1010863_AFO-74a86afe04e022e11122ea9c4f0faae9.jpg

post-230-14459844342_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

The moveable rod holders have been abandoned as they flop around too much . Just couldnt get the correct aluminium section.

here is my latest mod.

I had 2 X 130 AH batteries stored in the bow and the boat was bow down with a passenger sitting in the bow seat.

I have built a battery box that now sits on 2 of the ribs between the stern and bow seats.

I sit the esky on top of it whilst fishing so that i still have the same ammount of floor space as previously.

Boat now sits on an even keel whilst under way and I reckon that I have picked up 1/2 kph under electric power.

Another advantage is that when I wish to remove the batteries i can slip a sling under the box and remove both of them with my engine lifter.

Just have to paint the lid and tidy up the wiring and probably a couple of vertical rod holders on the side.

P1010237AFO.jpg

P1010238AFO.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived