Shared info

rayke1938

Would it be possible to have a section maybe under the fishing locations banner where we could post our spots we wish to share.

Just a short description and maybe directions. and the authors name.

If the author wished they could just post if you want directions to spot " z " pm me if they have concerns about general publication.

No discussion re the post ( Could it be locked after posting)all discussion to be under normal sections of the forum.

This way there could be a handy reference point for members to go to.

Cheers

Ray

Ray I think there is a locations area in the Tabs somewhere. I can remember if you can put them in yourself, or if you have email details to Angus or Webby. There are a few spots up there already from memory.

I like your idea though, would be great for new comers. As I think some poeple have forgotten, we all needed some help when we start out in a new area,state, or country. And need help even more when we just start fishing.:)

Just found it ray, its under "Fishing" Tab, then down to "Fishing Locations"

ScottG wrote:

You could post some pics of what you catch at the spots ray to provide some interest as well. the only problem could be if someone is posting spots that dont hold any fish thats why up to date reports are the best tool

scott

I think that aspect is covered in the fishing reports section.

There are spots ( like the sunken barge and the ledge between peel and viccy point) that have become part of the fishing folk lore that people hear about and unless you are prepared to do a lot of research are hard to find.

I look over the sunken barge every day but rarely fish it ( Probably 2 years since I have been there).

Cheers

Ray

webmaster wrote:

Will re-evaluate the best way for the site to share and show fishing spots. stay tuned over the next few weeks...

Google maps has an integration set up that may or may not work with this forum software. Basically you can put X mark with a description of it in text that is shown when you put your mouse over it. Pretty simple to use...

Speaking of sharing info, I asked a little while ago about seeing if the boat ramps tab canbe unlocked for all to post to it.

A simple format like location, UBD reference, ramp lanes and construction, parking, bait and ice location to ramp etc. Would be super useful for people who have not launched at a ramp before to have a quick reference.

I know when I went to the Cast Net day, I had to drop my trailer and drive back to the servo to pick up bait as there was no shop near the ramp.

Could we have it open..... please?

bootyinblue wrote:

Speaking of sharing info, I asked a little while ago about seeing if the boat ramps tab canbe unlocked for all to post to it.

A simple format like location, UBD reference, ramp lanes and construction, parking, bait and ice location to ramp etc. Would be super useful for people who have not launched at a ramp before to have a quick reference.

I know when I went to the Cast Net day, I had to drop my trailer and drive back to the servo to pick up bait as there was no shop near the ramp.

Could we have it open..... please?

I like this one as I take photos of ramps so I remember what they look like if planing to go back to them. Some ramps are not good for a larger boat and it is a pain when someone says "use such and such ramp" and you get there and you may be able to launch the boat but with the tides, retrieval is going to be a bastard.

I've never had any problem putting in a ramp report, is the locking new?

Just checked it, I seem to able to be still able to add a new ramp.

Maybe thats why I am the only one who has added any ramps!

It takes a couple of days for Angus or John to get around to veting it, then it shows up.

Archived