Shimano Charter Special

Cowfish13

I've been looking for a heavyish reel for Sharking, offshore Snapper, trolling for Macks and Tuna and other bottom bashing for reefies. I've found this and it looks awesome for only around $150. It's a Shimano Charter Special

http://shimanofish.com.au/catalog/fish/products/group_detail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302053876&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395181791&bmUID=1201594243989

It's got a level wind, very strong lever drag, clicker and centifugal braking for casting. Everything that I could want:cheer:

Has anyone tried these personally?

I want to put some mono on it of around 25lb or 10kg or around that

ellicat wrote:

Reelchippy has one. Good reel for that price. Will do what you described easily.

Go on - you know you want to;)

How "big" is it. The line capacity seams good but I dunno what it actually looks like as I havn't seen one in person yet:S. Would it be around the size of a size 16-20 shimano over head like a Torium?

I'm think I might buy one off Motackle tonight:). Something to keep my spirits up when I'm in School:(

Yay, I've just ordered it:) Should arrive around Friday hopefully. I'll have something to think about now while I'm dieing at School:( .

I also bought some 25lb Berkley Trilene XL to go with it:). Then I had a look through the clearouts and bought some Manns and Squidgy plastics for $2.00 a pack. And some more HB's to replace what I've lost:). Can't wait for it to arrive:woohoo:

Archived