Which Baitcaster?

Fisher_90

Hi guys just interested to know what you guys think is the best out of these to Baitcasters

I love the Daiwa megaforce because of the twitchin-bar but is it that good?

1. Daiwa Megaforce

'>http://www.daiwafishing.com.au/index.cfm?section=OurProducts⊂=LowProfile&product=megaforce

and

2. Pflueger Echelon

http://www.motackle.com.au/index.cfm?pr=product&product_id=146

Your opinions please, If the twitchin-bar is not as good as it says then i'd be inclined to go with the pflueger but im after your opinions

Thanks

Cowfish13 wrote:

One of my brothers friends has got the Daiwa Viento (the first reel with the Twichin' Bar) and it doesn't serve much purpose.

What are you going to use it for?

Everything really, i'll probly put 14 or 15lb braid on it and use it for flathead, jacks, cod etc, Sp's 50% HB'S 25% and Bait 25%. I was thinking the twitchin bar would be really handy for flicking the sp's across shallow sandbanks for flathead.

Fisher_90 wrote:

But does it actually retrieve 15cm of line per click?

Yeah, it does, or around that.

Really, unless you were definately want the Twichen' Bar, I wouldn't get it. For only a little more, you could get the Daiwa Exceler 100H. Looks pretty good.

But the Pfluegar Echelon will do everything that you need of it. It'll be aale to cast light lures really far and it is much cheaper than the others.

the bar's not designed to twitch actually cuz no body will crank the reel to give the lure a twitch. just think what u'll do when u twitch a lure, u'll probably give a little jerk on the rod when the reel handle's unmoved. the only good thing about the bar is to take the slack line WITH ONE HAND.

my friend gave me a viento for free (secondhand though) but i never ever use the bar and unfortunately i didn't get a single phone call when using that reel. lol

if u just start to use a BC, i reckon u should get a good quality one. say a sol, a curado or just a revo. they last forever if u take care of them and u'll have far less trouble learning casting with a quality reel. just my opinion though, a lot of ppl r fishing happily with lower range BCs

Archived