My brand new toy

Tom B

Well after a month long wait i finaly got the call today to go in and have a look at the daiwa zillion hlc that i had ordered :woohoo: . Bill at the tackle warehouse gave me the usual friendly treatment and after myself and everyone in the store had had a play with the reel i decided it was for me.

It is rated at 6kg of drag, has a carbon fibre handle, cork grips, super tuned aluminium spool, very cool purple accents and it only weighs 205gms

Had it spooled with 16lb yamatoya braid and i was a very happy fisherman, until i had to pay for it, $640 with the line :(

I had a couple of casts in the yard this arvo and it casts like nothing ive ever seen before, all i can say is that it is absolutely amazing and im very much looking forward to its first trip on the 2nd :cheer:

Some pics [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IMG_0201_AFO.jpg

post-136-144598444991_thumb.jpg

After using some of Kev's reels (Mg7, DC7, 100A, Axis) it is amazing how much better the high end gear is. Problem being when you go back to average priced gear it always feels inferior and you wish you had the best.

My 20 year old ABU is not getting much use these days :blink:

hey daniel, one more thing here.

when i sold my daiwa alphas ito ai which is only a 6+1 ball bearings supported reel and not as refined(or even half expensive)as any of my shimano reels bought later on, i still miss the reel after such a long time and i would readily buy one if there's a SW version( and with 11+1 ball bearings).

but when i sold my dc7, calcutta TE DC and MG7, i didn't feel anything. i am still in memory of that relatively cheap daiwa not all these high end shimanos.

so daiwa's more addictive, at least for me.

Archived