Catching Crabs?

Fishin_lingo

You can also use carcusses of old fish you've caught like Flathead, Snapper and Mackerel. Chuck these in and tie them down with some wire and you'll be ready to go.

I'm not an expert on getting them, but try to look for somewhere like a mouth of a small creek where water moves in and out with the tides and you should get some (Sandies and Muddies)

Where are you going to target them?

What the others have said about bait is all good

my favourite spot for muddies: in the Corrumbin creek. Used to have a house there where we pulled up the pots every few hours with 10 muddies in them, usually 1 or 2 keepers.

For sandies: at Bribie run a line of pots along the sand banks just near the bridge, out near the old boats moored there.

You will get plenty of undersize ones, throw them back unharmed. Some people like to keep the claws off the female crabs they catch, you are pretty much killing the crab, they also have a different color and you can get fined for it.

Then find yourself a nice recipe for Chilli crab, and you are set

Good luck

Woody

I only chase the muddies these days because I find the sandies too much hard work, (Pickin the flesh out to eat) that is. All in all I just love crab and makes for an interesting contest between me and them on the Yak. A good ice slurry slows em down though. Have fun, don't let them play with our mind, and practice your tying technique when they are asleep or dead.

Regards

Al

Archived