25/02/08 Deep Water Bend

EMP

Hi all,

Yesterday I tried soliciting suggestions as to where to fish while doing some paperwork. Thanks for those who responded.

I thought I should go to the Shorncliffe Jetty. But when the morning came and noticed I didn't have too much fuel, I decided to head to DWB instead (as per Faulked's advice).

The day before, I learned from you guys (I think it was Jeff F) that the fish I caught at Redcliffe was a Moses Perch which was my very first. Also, I caught a Butter Bream- also another first for me.

Today at the DWB, I caught a Butter Bream, a Moses Perch, a common boring Bream and guess what..........a Sting Ray (my first)!!! It was so much fun with the struggle and everything!

It has been a great day, fishing-wise. About 10 minutes before I needed to go pick up my wife, there was a big thud somewhere I thought. It was a heavy pull. I struggled a bit and when it surfaced, I thought I caught an extraordinary Catfish. It was large (at least by my standards). But as I slowly reeled it in, I recognised it straightaway. It was one like what Nigehey caught at Newstead. It was a Cod!

I've had a blast, couldn't ask for anything better.

Oh yeah, if only I even dented my paperwork backlog..........:(

P.S. I even caught a toadfish.:woohoo:

NOTE: the catch were all released back to the river

Thanks everyone (bow, bow, bow). LOL.

Unfortunately, no photos available. :(

Thanks heaps really. :) Thanks for all the tips and for putting up with my innocent/ignorant (sometimes may be stupid) questions.

Hey Rocket, yeah, I'll try to get a flathead soon.

By the way, does anyone know if that park at Dohle's Rock has sheltered tables and benches coducive for paperwork? And how far is the water from the tables? Parking issue? I might have another "unscheduled" idle time tomorrow.

Here I go again. Getting addicted to it. LOL.

Thanks again everyone.:)

Obone, what are PB's? :huh:

obone wrote:

Ahhhh I remember my first cod! It’s a great feeling isn’t it EMP, they are great looking fish! Now you need to start going for PB’s!

Joel ;)

Archived