lucky and unlucky.. !!!

maxi

hi all.. dusky and i fished both days on weekend on one of our close inshore reefs for a mixed result of losses and victories.

we got a few nice fish with dusky getting his pb on snapper, he getting smoked and me doin ok.. :laugh: :laugh:

sat was perfect conditions, we drift this reef throwin plastic around on 3 and 4 lb braid and having a livey out on a float as well. (on a bit heavier gear B) )

we had a nice moses perch in the tank and a couple of squire when dusky's reel announced the presence of a good fish, or should i say screamed its friggin head off :laugh: :laugh: . he was hooked up bigtime and the little sustain was goin off.... we chased this fish around for 10 mins before the hook straightened a bit and let go.. he wasnt a happy chappy at all... and of course i consoled him... :P .. we got a couple more squire, but the pike were in plauge proportions and cost us a lot of gear.. bloody things...

sun was the same conditions with a little bit more bait around but slimeys were still a rare commodity in the live tank...

(we saw a funny occourence also but that can be another thread) or dusky can tell you..

i was having a shocker but dusky was on fire, we chased another nice snapper around but this time he won with a 65cm on 4 lb.. bloody good fun, i think i enjoyed it as much as him.. well done mate, you did reel good .. :laugh: :laugh:

the mackeral would not play the game for us although we did see a couple 1 landed 1 lost.. damn good fun nevertheless... few piccys following...

regards Maxi [img size=488]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/snapper_2_005_renamed_28687.jpg

post-2155-144598450601_thumb.jpg

maxi wrote:

is that there name.. we call them red rock cod or pains in the arse..hahaha

yeah for sure whatnow, poor mans lobster.. bloody yummy.....

Yeap. There all names for the same fish (Scorpion Fish, Red Rockcod and Poor Mans Lobster)

We once went out and got a few of those. We knew what they were, but we weren't too sure on eating qualities. So we kept one. Wish we'd kept more:blink:

Oh yeah, they related to Stonefish as well. So the spines cause excruciating pain for ages. So don't get stung, but it's worth the risk:) (atleast it is when my brother is filleting them:lol:)

Cowfish13 wrote:

maxi wrote:
is that there name.. we call them red rock cod or pains in the arse..hahaha

yeah for sure whatnow, poor mans lobster.. bloody yummy.....

Yeap. There all names for the same fish (Scorpion Fish, Red Rockcod and Poor Mans Lobster)

We once went out and got a few of those. We knew what they were, but we weren't too sure on eating qualities. So we kept one. Wish we'd kept more:blink:

Oh yeah, they related to Stonefish as well. So the spines cause excruciating pain for ages. So don't get stung, but it's worth the risk:) (atleast it is when my brother is filleting them:lol:)

i fillet them with multi grips and a long knife:P

Yeah i had great fun with the PB snapper !! :woohoo: :woohoo:

I reckon the one I lost the day before was even better...That'll teach me to use me own gear instead of borrowing hooks from Maxi!!:P :P

Those cod things..I call them red harry's!! :) I think i'll keep a few next time if nothing else is on the chew!!

Sorry about the late response to this post it just took me a while to find the bloody thing!! :huh: :huh:

Maxi said he had put it up elsewhere!!

Cheers :laugh: :laugh:

if your gunna tell a story mate for christ sake tell it right..."right".. hahahaha...

dusky forgot to go to the tackle shop and get some more jigheads, so he had to borrow mine, which is more than ok with me, but dusky being dusky, he took one that was a little the worse for wear, (bad choice eh !! hahaha ) so dont blame me for your goodheartedness mate ok !!!

hahahahaaaaa..... we chased this fish for 10 mins around the reef with a livey out the back as well to contend with, as it took off so fast we had to persue it pronto.. hahahahaaaaa.....great fun !! haha.. the bloody hook straightened out and dusky was shattered... but he was smiling the next day..and so was i !!!!.... hahahahahaaaaaa......

maxi wrote:

it was great from all reports mate.. i tried some but im not a fish eater really lol ..

he didnt have a bed to lay on mate... haha !! he did good ehh haha ?? ..

you should have nicked his rod when he wasn't looking... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

nah anyway - great work on the PB dusky!

maxi wrote:

or dreams it..hahahahaaa

what else are mates for than to sling some s..t at...hahahahaaaa

wait till sunday elli... hahahaha

ps. i can take better than i give .. HAHAHA...

maxi, I've got skin like cling wrap. I'll try to handle it, but would you mind driving me back to the wife if I get a bit

upset ?:(

Archived