New Mojiko Range

Nastymind

Some of you may already know, some of you won't.

The Mojiko brand has many exciting new products in the range.

Soft plastics (rigged and unrigged), new hard body lures (little chubby looking guys and more), new fishing vests, newly designed manual inflating PFD1 and ready for it.....

Long awaited Mojiko spinning reels.

There are only three sizes but it's still early days.

Believe it or not they are actually a great feeling reel.

Obviously not tournament gear but definately not rubbish.

I believe they come out of the Penn factory and they do seem very much like the Penn Accord.

This is just the beginning.

I know of many other exciting Mojiko lines that are on there way.

I'll keep you all notified.

Michael

saltshaker wrote:

do the mojiko rods come out of the diawa factory?i reckon that some are are alomost the exact same rods with different brands on them

Nah mate,

But it's good to receive positive feedback like that.

Any pro or cons with any Mojiko products can be passed on to me.

I can then pass the info further on to my buyers who are responsible for the manufacturing of it all.

Cheers,

Mihael

Nice photo.

There are a few Mojiko rods, graphite, fibreglass and graphite composite that we sell.

The graphite and graphite composite surf rods are bloody nice.

And yes, some of the graphite sticks have fuji componantry and cork butts.

Excuse me for not understanding but what do you mean 'on the webby'?

Shrimpo wrote:

With these rods http://www.mojikofishing.com/Products/Product.aspx?Id=c256ccda-23eb-46fd-9172-0a2104a15e19&Category=Fishing%20Rods

Does anyone know what the butt cap things are they are a screw on thing with 3 metal rings all exactly the same then a cap holds those rings in wats the point of them over a normal butt?

The point of it is supposed to be so the fisherperson can adjust the balance of the combo.

It may be unnecessary to some people but it is a fresh idea huh!

Shrimpo wrote:

With these rods http://www.mojikofishing.com/Products/Product.aspx?Id=c256ccda-23eb-46fd-9172-0a2104a15e19&Category=Fishing%20Rods

Does anyone know what the butt cap things are they are a screw on thing with 3 metal rings all exactly the same then a cap holds those rings in wats the point of them over a normal butt?

its a weighting system mate, you add and take rings off to properly balance your outfit. a properly balanced rod will achieve the feel of feathery lightness without it actually being featherly light

fishyman wrote:

on the mojiko website.

and haha not my photo lol, i wish i owned that setup

Come in and see me and you can. lol

Seriously though, I'll look after any afo member with a bargain.

But yeah, the rods have actually been discontinued.

Hopefully there will be something new to replace it, but i don't know

Shrimpo wrote:

The rings are so light though i cant see it making a difference

weight at the extreme butt of a fishing rod will make a vast difference in balance etc. Another reason they wouldnt be heavy is because proper balance is a bit of a trade off. get it right its great use to much weight to get it right and its turns into casting a 15foot glass surf rod. This is especially the case when balancing ultralight bream style rods. there will be at some point a tradeoff between balance and performance.

still cant blame them for innovation i spose.

the act of adding rings and screw in type weights to the end of rods is not new by any means. Custom guys have been doing it for a long time as do some more major factory brands. Although all of those are quite upmarket rods so its good to see Mojiko using a quite up market technique and incorporating it into more affordable rods.

Well done i say

I just bought 2 mojiko rods from the 'plastix' range, apparently its for fishing with plastics, they are graphite rods and i bought the 1-3kg and 2-kg rods, I really like the feel of them and couldn't resist with the 60% at anaconda, I really liked the mojiko Q rods when I tried them, but unfortunately they only had 1 of the rods left and it was a heavy rod i think 8-10kg. But so far the mojiko rods look and feel great, can't wait to catch my first fish on them... so 'nastymind' how can you get us discounts? are you selling them on your store or online?

gotta get some more braid but was going to have a general mosey around with credit card in hand... :laugh: that's sweet - it can wait til next week anyway. were you there on tuesday? i raced in right on closing to grab some braid for my weekend trip. hope it's at least ok. good value if it is.

Yeah mate, i've only heard good things about it.

I have only used the 4lb but i really liked the feel of it.

At that price (even full price) i highly recommend it.

I was at work on Tuesday.

Usually i have Friday Saturday off unless there is a reason i need to be there.

Archived