Heading down to fish Kingscliff!!

chubbstar

I was planing on going to Noosa for a fishing trip with the family:woohoo: , but couldn't find anywhere to stay.:(

I've now booked a place down at Kingscliff:woohoo: Planing on fishing the Surf, the River land based and depending on the budget and how I'm going with the land based fishing I may hire a boat:)

Has anyone fished this area before and how did you go?:huh:

Any tips would be great:woohoo:

Jayson

there is a nice little reef a long cast off the beach between the creekmouth and the bowls club thats allways worth a try

the creek is beautiful and holds all the usual esturine species

the bridge is a good blace to start plenty of big bream and flathead

and there swhould be some luderick turning up along the rocks and bridge pylons at this time of year

Had a great session in the Creek recently on Poppers, Bream, Small GT's, Whiting and Pike. We also saw plenty of decent sized Lizards if you wanted to flick plastics or bait. The creek is awesome, it has eveything. Trees over hanging,sand spits, Rock Bars and deep holes. Most accessable by land but it would be a lot of fun from a Yak

You are a good chance of a Tailor this time of year

yeah mate. If you wait for someone to clean their fish at the tables provided near the mouth of the creek, all the bream and whiting swim around the waters edge. Seriously a good hundred fish there.

I wanted to fish it, but I didn't see anyone else fishing it so I woulda felt a little awkward fishing by myself where as everyone else was just swimming around the creek.

Archived