Newstead 20th Apr 08

username_taken

Hit newstead with Kev and Dan last night. Was really windy so we walked brekky creek but couldn't find any fish, as the sun headed down we went back to newstead and started to fish seriously.

Not much action around, the wind must be shutting them down a bit, eventually Kev and Dan got into a couple of good fish, but a Duck for myself, the closest I got was a dropped fish on a 5" jerkshad.

Once again the big kmart lures were the breadwinners.

DSC03682.JPG

DSC03686.JPG

DSC03689.JPG

DSC03690.JPG

when paul left, me and dan had some food and went back for some more casts. in a few minutes, i saw a big big splash right at my feed and spot a 70ish yellowish fish, so i drop my gulp shrimp right under and the fish swallowed my lure right in front of me. but i paid for my laziness( not having a leader on) and the fish snapped the line in no seconds. from the shape it's either a threadie or a bullie. but from the yellowish color, it's a threadfin salmon for sure. then we saw bust ups everywhere and i had a massive hit no hook up right on the surface. dan got a hit when reeling in his sp as fast as possible but the lure's defi too fast for the fish to swallow. \

so no fish landed but some awesome action.

Yeah thanks Paul. It takes character to make a report when you had a bud luck day. You'll have to hit your local Kmart before you head back there mate.

Funny thing is I bought 7 of those things Yesterday, Kev stole most already though but he "Supertuned" one for me. ;)

I had the best drag screaming run I've ever had at newstead last night but pulled the hooks on it. Must have been a really nice Bream I reckon, it was setting its sights on Toowong!

Nah they're called Outback Lures or something to that effect. Change the trebles and probably worth changing the rings too. Fish em on light line slowly and they do well.:) Cheaper at Big W actually. :cheer: Don't bother looking at Chermside I cleaned out W and K there completely:P Did I mention they're 8cm long:blink:

flatty_catcher wrote:

nice fish mate, you guys always seen to do well there, good one.

those Kmart lures must be ok eh :)

mind you k mart as far as ive know sold some good lures..

i guess you mean k mart cheapies

...well done

Yeah, they're about $3-4 each;)

Archived