last night newie park

namyau

Started down at newstead park around 6pm last night, got there and the wind was pretty strong compared to earlier in the day. was flicking a r2s static shad with a few taps but no hook ups. switched over to sx40 and went under the trees just near the start of the boardwalk. first cast and a few twist of the handle then bam on the retreive a nice lil bream im guessing was about 22cm, so im now no longer a hb virgin hahahah (not counting the other night with the threaddies). After that things got a bit quiet.

at about 8 my friends came down and they were fishing with prawns, i was still using sx40s and got a few other hookups but dropped them all :( switched over to plastics and got smashed by a nice flatty, which im guessing was about 30-40cm, but he decided to do a lil head banging and threw the hook. not long after that dan and kev came down. had a lil chat and they continued along the boardwalk.

would have been good if a few more ppl showed up but yeah was deff a pretty good session i had, now i just need more more practice on the hbs

Mick wrote:

Congrats on your first HB bream,

I got mine the other day too at newie..

It wasn't your friends here was it

http://www.australianfishing.com.au/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=237&func=view&catid=16&id=103015#103015 ???

thanks

no it wasnt my friends as they cam at about 8pm and left at 1030 when i left and they they only had 1 rod and had to use my spare gear, if they were my friends i would have told them off, besides jeryl all my other friends dont have any real interest in fishing

Archived