wear is the "pipe" on the goldie

dunney

Right near the concrete platform that is off the rocks at the Seaway near the dirt carpark.

I'm going for a fish and a dive there Friday morning.

Feel free to come down and i can point it out to you.

There are heaps of fish there including big schools of trevally and other species, a big ass cod, heaps of big flathead, hundreds of whiting and heaps of jumbo size parrots sleeping under the rocks at night.

Michael

That's what it is like all the time mate.

Makes me laugh when i come up and see heaps of people fishing and not getting a single bite.

There's always hundreds of fish.

I've never seen it lifeless.

Even on a low tide.

There's actually a pic of Satomi and I on that website.

We came across Ian Banks one day while we were diving there and he took a pic of our group.

Reason for that imo, is there is so much sea life there that you'd really need something special to lob in front of the fish before you'd get a bite.

They really do have a smorgasbord to choose from and they have had just about everything you can think of already thrown at them.

You won't get any interest with packet bait or any lures that are not top shelf.

You won't catch the flattys, cod, parrots or other bottom dwellers unless you're in a boat casting toward the rocks. (unless you're geared up properly)

The other species school between the bottom and about 5m from the surface and don't seem to feed very often.

In fact they seem very playful.

Word of warning.......if a boat comes along that makes a big wash ....watch your gear...when i worked on a 60 foot charter boat down there , we was always washing peoples gear in the drink from our wash when they were fishing off the little concrete block where the pipe is ;)

Archived