Lest We Forget

Schultzy

My best mate was a member of the army. He did so much for this country much more than many of us ever will. After being stationed a few times overseas, he had to endure years of health struggles but he always maintained his pride coupled with his smile.

Too bad he has passed on...

EMP

at only 22 im to young to know a whole lot about any of the wars.but from what i hear its somethign that i dont really wanna knwo a lot about.but still every year i pay my respects.and like you jeff its always a tear jerker.there is just somethign about anzac day i think..

i just take my hat of to anyone who has been brave enough to fight for his/her country.i know that im truely gratefull to the people who have faught and given their lives for us.

Top Day no fish, I marched this morning at Canungra and was joined by my daughter and three sons and ten grandchildren, there is no way they would let you do that in Brisbane. I met five blokes I had not seen for 25years and to top the day off,my whole family headed out to my eldest sons newly aqired property on the road to O'rileys for a BBQ lunch. The kids all went crazy on 3 new trail bikes he had just purchased. They all have scratches now the bikes and the kids.

I went to the dawn service at Bruns cause my dad was carrying the flag. Was eerie when they said face East and you I realised we were about as far East as you can get in Aus. The cold air blowing on your neck it was chilling to think, imagine if you were actually there sucking up the courage to go and put it on the line.

Was an incredible turn out for a small town. probably 3-400 people including lots of children which was good to see.

My respect to you Dino and anyone else on the site who risked themselves for us.

Good job all. Its been 18 years since I left the RAAF, but the last couple of years, the services have been getting better and better. Maybe not so much cynicism out there? Anyway, hats off to the marchers, those who served, are serving and will serve and their families and friends.

nigehey

Archived