Mission complete..sort of, Brissie sesh.

LIVE_2_FiSH

Went out this morning to the mouth of the river with one thing in mind...threadies! Went to collect some live bait first up which was unusually hard to come by. The herring we did get were really small as well. Anyway, motored off the drop off, me soaking some livies on the bottom and my old man with a humble pilly sitting midwater. About 20 mins past before zzzzzzzzz the rod with the pilly screeams off. A couple of nice runs and about 10 mins later a nice thready pops up. Measured about 110cm, and nearly 9kg! :woohoo:. Dad 1, me 0. Just as we were taking a few shots of the fish i saw my rod, with two live herring on the one hook , give a few solid bumps before zzzzzzzzzzz. Picked the rod up and set the hook. Unfortunately we never got to see this one, after taking a screaming run on my new setup (tierra 3000 matched with a pflueger trion rod and 10lb fireline) i dropped it , looked as though it was about the same size as the other one :(. Not happy, but hey thats fishing. Sadly, this was the last of the action for the morning. The catties moved in, destroying our thready baits . Still a great morning but. We achieved our mission, only wish i had of caught one :P. Next time...

LIVE_2_FiSH

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Dad__s_second_thready_AFO.jpg

post-568-144598454919_thumb.jpg

ellicat wrote:

What size/type hooks were you using for the herring?

i can't really remember the size to be honest. I think they're 4/0's or maybe 5/0. circle hooks. they're the best if your going to rig them like i do. I tend to just put the hook through the eye socket, without actually going through the eye or the brain. So its only really loosely sitting on the hook. But i think it looks more natural. the circle hooks seem to prevent the herring flying off during the cast or coming of too easily or whatever, especially when you put multiple fish on the one hook.

cheers.

flathead wrote:

:woohoo: what a ripper nice one hey mate how much are those pflueger trions i might be looking at getting one

well i got mine at anaconda when they wer having a big sale. cost around 100 i think, cant remember. Think they're normally 120 or 130, not sure but.

P.S. just thoud id say but mine snapped the first time i took it out. But i took it back and they gave me a new one, and im loving it now :)

Archived