Straddie 7,8,9th june

Malcolm

Bit late but here goes.Fished at Amity Point land based on the three mornings as this was out of the wind. Got down there early each day 4.00am and fished the out going tide in very shallow water with unweighted mullet strips.Each morning was very simalar in that the Bream were going of. Caught about 15 the first morning and 10 the other two.They ranged from 28 to 37cm mostly around the 30cm mark.It was great fun as the water was so shallow they would often jump out of the water after being hooked.I also went to the Dunwich jetty for a quick fish and caught two 30ish Squire and two 30ish Golden Trevelly then the wind and rain drove me back to the car.

I also tried the Profish out in the surf Sunday and it was unreal for stabilty I waited for the sets to come over the back bank and paddled through the waves as they were breaking to try it out while I had no gear on and to my supprise it busted through the 2' waves no problem at all.The only time I tipped over is when I waited for the biggest wave I could and caught it in it turned the yak side ways and ditched me but it would have been very easy to avoid this by picking a smaller wave to ride in which I did a few times succsesfully.Very impressed:)

I'll put some pics up tonight

Mal

Malcolm great shots mate.

Good to see they double as a family kayak as well.

Thats a good bream!

Good news to anyone interested in a Pro Fish, thanks to high demand there may soon be a reasonable price reduction. Not 100% sure yet but ill publish it as soon as I know.

Angus

Archived