Curtain Saturday (maybe)

Nastymind

Hi all,

Here is an open invitation to convoy with Straddiebrad, Rumrunner and myself to Curtain Artificial (maybe) this Saturday.

The weather is looking a bit hairy at the moment but i will be watching the forecasts closely over the next couple of days.

Any possibility of safely slogging it out there will be taken, as on a Saturday it can get quite crowded.

The rougher weather might thin the crowd out a little.

So....come one, come all.

Michael

Well, went out to Curtain on Friday.

Weather was absolutely GOLDEN.

Unfortunately i didn't catch any keepers myself.

Although i did hook up to one big bastard and my knott slipped.

That's what you get for not changing rigs between fishing trips.

My mate Marcus was totally on fire taking home four easy keepers.

Catch of the day was his 78cm Snapper.

Oh yeah, i caught my first fish on soft plastics.

Ready for it..... a bloody grinner.

Then my second..... a little flathead which bucked and spiked me a beauty all the way to the bone.

Now the cuts looking infected. I think my finger tip is gonna fall off.

As we were doing a long, slow drift in 12 feet of water, we were greeted boatside by a huge dugong, monster turtles, stingrays and a big black shark which was easily 8 foot long.

No palaegics about which surprised me, but all in all another bloody wonderful morning at Curtain Artificial.

First photo: This ripper measured up at 50cm [img size=320]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSC00020.jpg

post-915-144598462352_thumb.jpg

ellicat wrote:

When did the bites stop and start ?

Nice snap and slatey(?). Great mixture of visitors too. I bet there's a few people wished they DID take a sickie and team up with you.:)

Did you get a pic of the finger ?:P

It isn't a slatey bream.

It's had definate facial patterns like a sweetlip.

and the picture of my finger.

It looks heaps better now than it did last night [img size=320]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/12-2b596a229193e070e9e04c6ad2c109d1.jpg

post-915-14459846237_thumb.jpg

chubbstar wrote:

Good on ya Nasty and Deckie, Looks like you guys had a top day other than the spike.

Faulked and I where at Harrie's and were thnking of heading over to Curtain to say G'day:) , We ended up sounding around the bay looking for more little known reefs.;)

Jayson

Fish were all caught early.... very very early.

Although some other boats started to show and they were catching fish throughout the rest of the sunrise morning.

It would have been good if you made it over Chubbstar.

Wasn't it a picture perfect day to be out on the ocean?

Archived