boggy creek sat morning

jeff f

hit boggy creek mouth in the boat saturday morning for a quick session.started out trolling alond the pipeline and out to the poo pipe using a flats rat and a flats rat 2 on wich we go a half of a dozen undersized tailor

angfhored up near the pipe and started throwing plastics around while my mate soaked some bait.there were schools of small tailor tearing through schools of hardiheads all around the boat and demolishing my plastics a and ripping up my mates white pilchards as quick as they hit the water, had enough of this after a half hour and a full packet of plastics gone

moved over to the other end of the pipeline to get away from the tailor and the wind and anchored up between the old boat ramp and the pipeline and started tossing gulp shrimp out on 1/32 jigheads in hope of a bream or 2 was letting them sink and then just ultra slow rolling them back, no lifts, no jerks ,no shakes,and they were getting smashed by flathead with one comming in every 4-5 casts

most were just under or just over 40cm with 3 over 50 biggest 56

tally for the morning was 18 undersized tailor, 1 undersized bream and 15 flathead 6 under 40 the rest over

all fish were released except 2 flathead kept for dinner

sorry no pics forgot camera

Archived