Rainbow/Teewah Beach

Bill74

nah mate have'nt heard a great deal of action around there lately i usually go about 20 times a year, if you hav'nt been in a while your best bet is to find some pipies on the low and look for any lowtide gutters with coffee rock in them, due to the mass erosion the beach has suffered over last few years the coffee rock is in some guters, another favorite of mine is at rainbow now during low tide only you can pump yabbies on the backside of the lagoon up there. I find yabbs to get hit a lot harder than pipies, Tailor are never big along that stretch of beach for some unknown reason however you still should give a pillie a throw on dusk or at dawn high tides, and a few years back on the teewah beach side of the rocks we got on to a few 5+ kg jewies just on dead servo pillies so that is also worth a try however ive only ever caught anything except dart from those rocks only at night (be careful) You should always get a feed there if your committed. good luck mate.. craig

live baiting with whiting and tailor off the rocks at DIP at night time is always worth a look, some truly massive fish come up from the depths. otherwise, what confused said is damn good advice! good to hear about the yabbies being back on rainbow too mate!:woohoo: hope they hang around for the rainbow beach trip in about 6 weeks!

Archived